Too much cardio burns muscle

zconners

zconners

Awards
So I've heard that doing a excessive amount of cardio burns muscle I play basketball a lot before I lift will this affect me? Does it cause me to lose muscle? Should I eat after basketball then lift? I usually have a protein shake after I lift

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't over think it. Keep doing what you're doing, and keep your diet in check and you'll be all good

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
So I've heard that doing a excessive amount of cardio burns muscle I play basketball a lot before I lift will this affect me? Does it cause me to lose muscle? Should I eat after basketball then lift? I usually have a protein shake after I lift
If your playing for hours, it can have an effect on it. Not a massive effect but it can.

But if your literally playing a game, it can help as it will convert to fast twitch muscle fibers.

Stattus

Awards
Cutting fat and getting lean, even with some muscle loss will give you the illusion of more mass as well. It's not a bad trade off over all. Either way, adjust your caloric intake to your deficit if you are overly worried about it.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Cutting fat and getting lean, even with some muscle loss will give you the illusion of more mass as well. It's not a bad trade off over all. Either way, adjust your caloric intake to your deficit if you are overly worried about it.
This is true. Even a tan can make a big difference to create more of that illusion