These are the people I just LOVE....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=394835&page=2&pp=30

I love guys like this Rippd guy. I've never actually debated with someone that actually proved my whole point.

Then he wants to talk about "what works". Maybe I should cut and past all my clients logs and show him "what works".

This guy is the epitome of the gym guru. What a jackass.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate posting over there, damn!:twisted:

Maybe that's why I have all of three posts. Drives me nuts just to go over there. I feel like I'm stuck in traffic or something.:hammer:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was asked to post. I usually avoid it as well because this is what happens. As Paul Teutl would say on American Chopper:

"This really gripes my ass"

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Stop messing with bb.com trash, and gimmie a call for my consultation dang it... I'm anxious. :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL....How about you call me! LOL....

Serisouly I have been slammed lately and phone calls are a minimum. I am working on your plan right now after finishing Glen's and the 3 people before that who ordered within a day...

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Not my fault you have become mr. popularity over here lol

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey! Be careful or I will make an error calclutaing your totals and you will be eating 5 tablspoons of flax in one meal.

:D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With WATER!

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
haha doesnt flax when mixed with water enter a chyme like state? I know oates sure doesn't :icon_lol:

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I try to avoid the place at all costs...

Rippd never even made a scientific/factual statement saying ANYTHING about his "argument"...just kept rambling on about ...oats aren't like chyme...blah blah...

what a maroon!!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha doesnt flax when mixed with water enter a chyme like state? I know oates sure doesn't :icon_lol:
Will it ever end?

:rofl:

Ok, back to work.......

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Gimmie. I'm asking for Glen's quads so might as well ship them to me now. :D

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Bobo, that thread was absolutely hilarious. Thanks, I needed a laugh. BTW, you should take the AM address out of your sig over there, or before you know it this place could get all clogged up. Of course, I heard about this board over there, and now I barely go over there because I realize it sucks. When I had nothing to compare it to I didn't realize it sucked. Now I just read around here and post infrequently because I am learning, not disseminating knowledge.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Reading this reminds me of when I used to try to tell people not to waste their time with dextrose/malto over on the bb.com boards. I got flamed to hell for it too.

Thank you bobo. I feel retribution coming on. :D

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established

I love guys like this Rippd guy. I've never actually debated with someone that actually proved my whole point.

Then he wants to talk about "what works". Maybe I should cut and past all my clients logs and show him "what works".

I have a good one--I was debating him once about DNP. Said idiot told me I didn't know **** about DNP and that I should read another post that would explain it to me. Then he gave me the link to the post that would set me straight.

His link was to another post that *I* wrote--"DNP for Dummies."

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That's hysterical Chipp!!

Why oh why do you guys go over there?! Morbid curiousity? Self hatred? lol

taffer

Awards
bobo, let me personally thank you for showing rippd whats what, i had the EXACT same argument with him, except i dont know much about the science of digestion so you put it alot better

just 1 question, right now, after my workout im using basmati rice, mixed with whey and banana, i eat it out of a bowl, does this really matter alot, i reckon it tastes awesome, but dont want it too effect me too much

ps: make sure you comment on alan's new article :D

taffer

Awards
bb.com aint that bad, because of its newbie friendly enviroment, i was able to learn and learn, and completly change my life
there is ALOT of idiots on bb.com, but there are a few gem's which provide good info, you just gotta know who to listen to :)

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
That's hysterical Chipp!!

Why oh why do you guys go over there?! Morbid curiousity? Self hatred? lol
Both.
But then again, I shy away from the supplement discussion and perouse the powerlifting forum...then I get bored and usually come back here after i've had a good laugh. And then open another window and look at Dave Tate's site. Good Times...

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have to admit Bobo that was entertaining.. you totally owned him..LMAO :lol:

sirpsycho

sirpsycho

Awards
That was some good stuff Bobo.

Rippd is not one (along with several others) I listen to over there because of posts like that.

I found bodybuilding.com first about a year and a half ago and learned a little over there.

Mostly I would direct my posts over there to the company owners like P.A., Bill Llewelln, Sledge and also a few of the Mods there like Pogue, Big Cat and few others. I figured I would get the most intelligent answers from them and I did (with the one exception being a debate with P.A. about something that Dan Duchaine had stated in Bodyopus and P.A. tried to belittle me and tell me I was wrong and didn't know what I was talking about, so I quoted several things right out of the book to prove my point and his response to me was that he "must have forgotten, oh well" nice, huh?).

Just wanted to say that I joined here after reading about Superdrol and ordering six bottles right before the ban.

All I can say is, WOW, what a big difference between bb.com and Anabolicminds. I can honestly say that this is the forum for me now. Everyone here is intelligent and respectful of others. If you ask a legitimate question, you get a good response. Ask an assinine one, then you are corrected, but mostly in a nice, stern way.

I look forward to my time spent here, as I have already learned a great deal and I look forward to my future PH cycles with the knowledge of what I have made mistakes with in the past and what I can do to improve the up and coming ones.

My only hope is that the good people here will help me with questions, recommendations and comments when I start posting my logs.

Again, thanks for providing me with a great place to find information and knowledge.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Bobo,

Quick question about something you posted in a reply to that (forgive me) 'clown' over there.

Re: gastric emptying. At what point does a stomach become safely an 'empty' stomach. That is, I know there is a difference depending on what sort of meal you are talking about, etc. but, in general terms, if one was to need to take a supplement or medicine on a empty stomach, how long of a duration post-meal does there need to be in order to accomplish this? I've heard everything from 30 minutes to an hour and a half or two hours.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As you already stated, it depends on the meal. If its only a shake, 30 minutes tops probably but if its a meal it could be several hours.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
It’s funny I first started over at bbforyou.com hwne I was looking for the ins and outs of different protein powders, then went to bb.com, then I discovered Avant and then AM. Not bad progression in about 13 or so months time. Still, when it comes to supps, I’m still an ewbie and a half.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I have never had the pleasure of being a true bb.com member. I went from nothing, to superior muscle, and now AM. Glad I found it and dont plan on leaving anytime soon. :D

Andrew69

Board Supporter
Awards
I have long since given up the low GI fight at bb.com
Needless to say my coffee grinder cops a good workout every day :)
I figure if I ever get around to posting transformation pics when Im done and then him em with the ol' low GI line, a few guys may actually listen.
The thing I love most about guys liked Rippd is that he will use scientific studies to try and prove his point, but if you post a study, it isnt valid because "its not the real world".

taffer

Awards
just wait untill alan's new article, i have great expectations for it
he is going to disband all the fruit, milk and casein bashers and im sure have some killer PWO guidelines!

alan is truely a gem of the bb.com community, everyone should go read his posts!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I have to admit, being a recent AM arrival after having been on bb.com for about a year, I am a high-GI, but I don't have a scientific backing for doing so. I don't use more than 40-50g of dex post workout. Is this really bad for me? Would that amount risk fat storage? The ony reason I really want to keep taking dex PW is b/c I love the taste w/ Syntrax Nectars and Substance WPI. If it weren't for the taste w/ those proteins, I would gladly give oats a try.

str8flexed

Awards

you will be happy to know that he also believe glutamine is the best thing since sliced bread

although I do disagree with you on one pointin that thread bobo... even once fat is emulsified, it can still cause CCK release, which will slow gastric emptying.

-Layne

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
I visit for the nice pics and to look up user comments about products (does a certain product taste good, for example).

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
although I do disagree with you on one pointin that thread bobo... even once fat is emulsified, it can still cause CCK release, which will slow gastric emptying.

-Layne
Layne, his arguement didn't even include the small intestine. He was only concerned with the stomach, not CCK release and subsequent bile release.

Any nutrient dense liquid in general will slow gatric emptying (within the small intestine) but the principal determinant rate of any liquid is first volume, then composition second.

He probably didn't even understand fats were emulsified in the small intstine. I agree with you about the emusification but he he dind't understand the process of a bolus being broken down into chyme so I doubt he knows anything about the digestion and absortion of nutrients in the small intestine. That would have dragged in out another 3 pages.

str8flexed

Awards
Layne, his arguement didn't even include the small intestine. He was only concerned with the stomach, not CCK release and subsequent bile release.

Any nutrient dense liquid in general will slow gatric emptying (within the small intestine) but the principal determinant rate of any liquid is first volume, then composition second.

He probably didn't even understand fats were emulsified in the small intstine. I agree with you about the emusification but he he dind't understand the process of a bolus being broken down into chyme so I doubt he knows anything about the digestion and absortion of nutrients in the small intestine. That would have dragged in out another 3 pages.
And I whole heartedly agree with you in that he knows **** about digestion. If everything took 2-6 hours to empty from the stomach (as he seems to think) then we'd feel like **** after every single meal

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Alright nutrition majors....

Does the type of protein play a role in pre and post-workout supplementation? I'm thinking perhaps it really doesn't matter in terms of time to be digested (not taking into account what sort of carb it is taken with).

But what do you guys think? Is there a type of protein best suited for pre-WO (I use dex/pro about 15 mins before) and post-WO w/ low GI?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It depends on the protein source. If its a whole food with high fat content is will easily slow digestion but if its powders then they will be processed at a faster rate (although somewaht different depedning on source)

If you are eating a meal then a good lean source of slow protein is good pre-workout then post workout you DEFINETLY want a fast source (whey).

If you pre workout meal consists of a shake then a good whey/casein mix would be good.

There are just a lot of variables to take into account.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
That's interesting but which do you think is better? It seems that there are two ways to look at this. One has you taking whey/simple carbs preworkout which may inhibit a little GH release (also might actually make you tired) but the other has you taking whey/simple carbs post workout which may kick you out of the so-called "fat burning state". It seems to me that it is best to stay low GI both pre and post workout.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was talking about protein sources, not carbs.

The carb discussion is completely different and been beaten to death.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I go w/ a regular whey from GNC (got it on sale) w/ dextrose pre-WO, then BCAA's plus some other aminos during WO, then the same whey w/ low GI post-WO. Probably 70 g total from all 3.

You think this sounds ok? The pre shake is about 20 mins before.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't like high GI pre-workout simply because you can crash in the middle of your workout. I prefer a whole meal consisting of low-mod GI 45-60 minutes pre workout then if you need some energy before hand, some fruit is perfect.

If you can't ge tthat meal in the a 50/50 dextrose/fructose mix is good.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know about the crash. Have felt it when I took the dex/whey shake too far in advance. But, I've got all this dex (about 8 lbs or so) left when I bought a case of 12 for high GI post-WO. So, I figure I'll get rid of it by taking 20 g pre-WO along w/ 5 g +10 g sucrose during WO.

Anyway, thanks for the knowledge about low GI post-WO. And the CEE/HMB/Arg/Lys synergy.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I don't like high GI pre-workout simply because you can crash in the middle of your workout. I prefer a whole meal consisting of low-mod GI 45-60 minutes pre workout then if you need some energy before hand, some fruit is perfect.

If you can't ge tthat meal in the a 50/50 dextrose/fructose mix is good.

I totally agree with this. I have experimented on myself with different pre/post meals. The best that I've found (no crashes and good recovery) is if I eat a whole food meal about 1-1.5 hours pre-workout consisting of clean carbs and protein. Post workout, I've found that pounding a straight whey shake on the way home and then eating whole food about 30-60 minutes after that. If I have my metabolism in high gear, then I may even eat 15-20 minutes after a post workout shake :)

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I personally have found just a half scoop of WPI 10-20min pre with at most 10g of non-fructose carbohydrate. Usually though I prefer to totally omit the carb. But since I don't workout till the afternoon I usually already have 1 or 2 meals in me and a good amount of carbs. Post workout I also don't go high carb/glycemic. My shake consists of: 1 scoop whey, 1 banana, 2 raw eggs, natural jam (15g carb), some frozen blueberries. The carbs probably don't go higher than 40g.

I guess what I'm saying is high GI carbs have never felt quite right to me. Having carb pre workout feels "dirty", slow in a sense. Besides, isn't it likely that part of the WPI pre will get used as glucose?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes but why would you want that?

I would throw some form of carb in there or just eat some fruit.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Besides, isn't it likely that part of the WPI pre will get used as glucose?
But why would you want your WPI to be used as glucose? That stuff is expensive. Why not just use some carbs, which are cheap as hell.