Summer bulking workout

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
An anyone possibly email a great summer bulking workout? I'm supposed to do my college football workout but it seems much more general and looks as if I want gain as much muscle mass as I need. PM if you can and I will give my email. Thank you.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
To clarify, if you want to train like a body builder and get bugger than you need to eat a lot more and do large amounts of volume in training.

Seeing as how you are in a sport, mass is secondary to strength, so try some to like Layne norton's PHAT routine.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Cani just google that?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup.

Might I also suggest Joe DeFranco's Westside Barbell for Skinny Bastards

Mystere3

Awards
I'd just run 5x5s, mix in some Olympic lifts. That's what I typically used for FB.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5x5
Mad Cow 5x5
PHAT
GVT (maybe)
Westside barbell for skinnys

All are solid options especially since they focus on compound lifts. Mad Cow throws in some accessory work for bbing purposes but it's a bit more fun IMO.

Mystere3

Awards
For football you def want to focus on explosive movements like snatches and clean/jerks. You could also do some power cleans and clean/presses as well as thrusters. Other than that, do big compound movements like bench, military, squat, and deadlift. Don't bother with curls etc.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Can I still throw some stuff in with those? Little circuits for tris bi shoulders or will that counteract the heavy lifts? I know u said no curls but I love curls :(

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can I still throw some stuff in with those? Little circuits for tris bi shoulders or will that counteract the heavy lifts? I know u said no curls but I love curls :(
Yeah you can throw in whatever you want to these workouts but do so at the end of the session...that being said though they are designed this was for a reason and sticking to then is the best strategy.

Look at mad cow. I think you will like it.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Thank you! I will. My college lifting program is so repetitive with high reps all over the board year round. Just looking for something tailored to my weakness which is strength and lack of mass.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Simple 5x5 can never steer you wrong :)

Mystere3

Awards
Yeah I'd roll with 5x5 on bench, military press, squat, thrusters, deadlift, 5/3/1 is a pretty good program for that. Do heavy singles for snatch and clean/jerk and heavy doubles-triples for power cleans.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Compounds and core movements.... skip the preachers and extensions

Mystere3

Awards
Also consider buying a weighted vest and using it for pull-ups, push-ups, stadium steps, and doing stuff like prowler pushes and loaded carries.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Thanks guys! Best website I use by far

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
When I do cable workouts such as pull downs curls ect. Skull crushers with bbell and curls with bbell should I do low reps high weight as well?

Mystere3

Awards
I would do high rep but do that stuff after you do your big core workouts so you don't tire yourself out.