REALLY bad instant headache during a heavy lift..

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Ok sounds like a mix of a few things. This is what im experiencing.

I take my Liquid masterdrol / Green bulge and NO Shotgun. Head to the gym. Been stacking this for a month (Finihsing masterdrol cycle). I started jump roping. Once i hit a 100 jumps i felt like i got smacked in the head with a dumbell. It was an instant stabbing pain with throbbing on my left temple. It hurt so bad it went through my jaw and made my teeth ache. My whole left side of my head went numb from hurting so bad. I had to stop my work out for about 30 minutes just for the throbbing to stop long enough to continue working out. Scared the crap out of me, thought i did something bad. Well it turns into an all day headache after that (tolerable). Well since that happened i hit the gym 2 other times. 2nd time it hit me during the jump rope again and third time (Today) it hit me doing pull ups. Anybody got an idea? Its in the same exact spot each time (Left temple) extremly painful.

Thanks for any info.

2. Quote Originally Posted by diminuendo View Post
    I had this problem during squats and climax during sex (don't laugh) for about a month, and the first time it happened I thought I was having an aneurism. My girlfriend (she is finishing up medical school this semester) said it was a blood vessel in the sub-arachnoid layer of my brain dialating. Apparently the squats raise intercranial pressure (duuh) and oxytocin causes cranial blood vessel dialation (this was a year or so ago so don't quote me). They went away on their own. I don't have a remedy, but they are not dangerous if they are the same as mine; sudden onset, severe localized pain, fairly rapid passing...Dim

I had both of these same exact problems...

3. Quote Originally Posted by gotripped View Post
    I had both of these same exact problems...
    What was your outcome?

4. It eventually went away when I stopped taking Stims and Juicy Juice.

I believe it may have been high blood pressure... as sex and lifting both caused it. ESP. During climax. Sometimes slightly before...with great intense pain thereafter... almost to puking.

5. Quote Originally Posted by cable626 View Post
    wow, I've had this a few times during climax, its very localized, top right of the head i believe. It went away tho.
    Yup! I have had exactly the same thing before. It seems to be aggravated by sleep deprevation, just getting over a cold and dehydrated, or high blood pressure. I just noticed that at the times I did have it happen those were the things going on. Scared the **** out of me though I thought I had a clot in my brain!

In all cases a little R & R made it go away

6. i experienced this on several occasions. On one time, it was so bad i went to the ER... in that situation, i was on lots of ephedra and the high BP was causing it, but i have also had at absurd, instead onset headache that occured during some forced reps on heavy incline bench. Felt like something popped deep in my forehead. instant pain and it throbbed like a motha****a. stayed like that for 2 weeks. the guy that owns my gym has been in the trenches for 30 some years, and told me it was a popped vessell, but not to worry about it.... so i didnt, and i'm fine.

7. Breath! Most likely its the blood vessel in the back of your head. I've had this happen when heavy lifting, proper breathing helped so my blood pressure didn't go so high. If I remember correctly its a common problem and not dangerous.

8. Ive had this happen while dead lifting. It turned out to be a neck problem.

9. I've had this happen twice. I figured out later that it was due to holding my breath while straining to get that last rep up.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mass_builder View Post
    sam happens to me sometime, i think its high blood pressure.
    I think this may have some validity as well as how is your breathing?

11. Quote Originally Posted by badbart View Post
    Breath! Most likely its the blood vessel in the back of your head. I've had this happen when heavy lifting, proper breathing helped so my blood pressure didn't go so high. If I remember correctly its a common problem and not dangerous.
    This has been my experience. Once I corrected my breathing I was ok - used to get 'em during squats and heavy leg presses.

12. For those of you that wear a hat during your workout it may be the problem, or at least contributing.
    I finally found out that when I take my hat off while training the problem went away.

13. So if you were holding your breath during a heavy lift, your BP goes through the roof and a blood vessel possibly ruptures in your head ?

14. wow this explains alot this problem started like 3 days ago I thought it was the gym cuz I used to train in my garage but yeah its happened during squats, pull ups, incline, and during climax breathing has been able to decrease the pain next day in the gym gonna focus alot more on my breathing it really scared the ***t out of me

Similar Forum Threads

1. When I work out i get an INSTANT headache!!
    By Slpstang02 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 02:29 PM
  2. Heavy Lifting for fat loss
    By avenue Red in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 11:33 PM
  3. proper way to structure a heavy lifting workout?!
    By neverstop in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 06:39 PM
  4. Can heavy lifting cause a bruise
    By Whaler in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 04:48 PM