Your Ab Routine?

RyGuy14

RyGuy14

Awards
Aside from conventional compound moves that work abs, what do you throw in for a few isolation sets at the end of the workouts?

I'm a fan of weighted leg raises, ab wheel rollouts, and weighted incline crunches. Seems to work the whole core.

Any favorites of you?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
TRX pikes, inverted situps, and planks keep me in good spirts

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
pallof press, side planks, planks, hanging leg raises, standing cable crunches, suitecase deads

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
Aside from conventional compound moves that work abs, what do you throw in for a few isolation sets at the end of the workouts?

I'm a fan of weighted leg raises, ab wheel rollouts, and weighted incline crunches. Seems to work the whole core.

Any favorites of you?
Floor sweepers, dragon breaths, planks on a fitness ball, mountain climbers, oblique lateral dips with a 45lb plate, hanging sweepers

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
L sits on gymnastic rings, flutter kicks, planks and mountain climbers. I like to do them in between changing lifts

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do a set or two of weighted sit-ups at the end of most workouts (3 days a week). I get most of my core training via heavy deadlifts, squats, and weighted pull-ups. At least that's my philosophy!

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
Ab wheel, weighted ab wheel once I am stronger.. I think nothing else is needed but sometimes I do what I call "Stallone Cycle"..
Crunches then side raises then leg raises
50 each 5 times no rest. Was not able to finish it so far :(

Abby

Abby

Awards
I have found that doing elevated planks against the wall are really good to throw into a routine

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about movements that actually activate the rectus abdominus, and not the hip flexors, Ql, etc.?

Breathing crunches
Bear walks
PPT band resisted crunches on a swiss ball

... to name a few

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How about movements that actually activate the rectus abdominus, and not the hip flexors, Ql, etc.?

Breathing crunches
Bear walks
PPT band resisted crunches on a swiss ball

... to name a few
PPT 4TW

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I do mike "the situation's" 20 minute ab routine with my ab roller