Oly lifting shoes

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm started to venture into clean, jerks and snatches etc besides the regular squats and deadlifting to really ramp up my athleticism and sports.

Looking to invest in a good pair of oly shoes to help out with hip and ankle mobility (lack thereof for ankle) to get deep A2G and help keep torso more upright in the overhead squat.

Was looking at Reebok crossfit http://shop.reebok.com/us/product/men-mens-reebok-crossfit-lifter-shoes/EF580 or Adidas powerlite (I think they are called that).

Opinions please.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I'm getting the Nike Romaleos 2 weight lifting shoes this week

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
They are pretty cool

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love my Adidas Adipowers (but they are pretty expensive). Know some people who really like their Adidas Powerlifts and they are more affordable.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I've got the cheaper Adidas, and they are great. No need to spend huge cash

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I say no to crossfit shoes. They still have a soft heel I have VS Athletics ($80) with an awesome heel and double straps. Addidas Adipower and Power Perfect II's are good. I'll be buying the Power Perfects soon. The Powerlift ones you guys mentioned are good unless youre a 700lb squatter. Wei Rui makes a good Olympic shoe as well for 60-80$

Elite FTS sells the addidas and they always have sales. VS sells the ones I have. You can find sites that sell Olympic gear and they'll have a big shoe selection.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Was looking at fastlift by innov8 which are pretty good.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I've got the powerlifts, wore them like 3 times I think. I prefer the barefoot feel with minimalist shoes, personally...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say no to crossfit shoes. They still have a soft heel I have VS Athletics ($80) with an awesome heel and double straps. Addidas Adipower and Power Perfect II's are good. I'll be buying the Power Perfects soon. The Powerlift ones you guys mentioned are good unless youre a 700lb squatter. Wei Rui makes a good Olympic shoe as well for 60-80$

Elite FTS sells the addidas and they always have sales. VS sells the ones I have. You can find sites that sell Olympic gear and they'll have a big shoe selection.
How long have you had them vs ones for?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Listen, folks, these are the options. Don't look elsewhere.

Although I will put a word in for my shoes, Pendlay Do-wins. Only thing is that the heel is pretty high on those compared to other olympic shoes, so if you want a smaller heel go for a different option listed above.