Something isn't right... not shedding at all!

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

The basics right now. I injured myself somehow before Christmas and can only do cardio. No lifting at all (pinched nerve/strained muscle in neck/trap area).

To diet down (with weight training), I like to use a 35P/55C/10F ratio with no whole foods injested after 5:30pm. Instead I take 10-20 grams of BCAA's following weight training and a night time shaking with slow releasing proteins.

From Nov. 1 up until Christmas time when I got injured... I was down 20lbs and 4" on the waistline. Christmas hit and I am back to where I started. lol.

The problem is now... I am doing cardio basically every fucking night for an hour on the recumbent bike (while playing Xbox. heh). When I am not on the bike, I am at the skating rink skating or playing shinny (hockey) for 2-3 hours. Point? I AM getting my cardio in. Probably too much at this point.

I am following the same plan at above for food intake but nothing seems to be working. I eat 5 times a day, all carbs are low GI and high in fibre (yams, oatmeal and bran). Protien is mainly chicken and eggs. Steak the odd time but not often.

I'm starting to wonder if I am taking in too many carbs given the fact I'm not weight training? But on the other hand... why take in more protein given the fact I am not weight training either?

Basically.. how does one diet down when they can't fucking lift weights? I'm trying to stay positive here but if I don't start seeing some fruits of my labour soon I may start to resent doing the cardio (bike) and stop altogether.

Any thoughts?

Thanks peeps!

A

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
with no whole foods injested after 5:30pm. Instead I take 10-20 grams of BCAA's following weight training and a night time shaking with slow releasing proteins.
Could be your metabolism is shutting down. Basically you are going for 15+ hours a day with NO food.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not true.

I do get up a 5 for my first meal.

I also have a slow release night time shake before bed (around 9:30). I don't think it's a metabolism problem otherwise this type of diet that I follow wouldn't work when I AM able to weight train.

Something tells me it's the carbs that are doing it. Should I switch the protein and carbs around? Should I do a 40/40/20 split?

I'm eating around 2800-3000 cals a day currently which I think might be overkill considering the only physical activty I do get is from the cardio (desk job mostly).

Any other thoughts about this?

Thanks guys.

A

Big K

Awards
Not true.

I'm eating around 2800-3000 cals a day currently which I think might be overkill considering the only physical activty I do get is from the cardio (desk job mostly).

A
The calories maybe a little high, try bringing them down by like 300-500 calories and see what happens. Also the carbs could be having an impact on that as well. 40/40/20 would probably be much better.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Big K.

I'm going to switch 150 grams of carbs with 150 grams of protein first and see how that works works out. If needs be, then I will reduce cals from there if needs be.

Also, I'll eat my entire alottment of carbs in my first two meals.

Thanks!

A

Big K

Awards
Thanks Big K.

I'm going to switch 150 grams of carbs with 150 grams of protein first and see how that works works out. If needs be, then I will reduce cals from there if needs be.

Also, I'll eat my entire alottment of carbs in my first two meals.

Thanks!

A
That sounds like a pretty solid plan. Best of luck!

Stoked1288

Awards
I would defintely think about dropping your cals by 300 and going with the 40/40/20 split too. Also, think about doing your cardio in the morning before breakfast, myself and a lot of others have had great results doing this.

CK