Bench Press BW for Reps

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. no you read right lol, i can =)


  2. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    no you read right lol, i can =)
    Boom, lets see it!
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete
    •   
       


  3. lol you will. follow my workout log, just started one on here. ill post videos all the time. like i said, i did a bench night last night so let me get a few days to recover then ill do it and post a video up so ppl can see that im not just bs'n

  4. Here's my test from a little over a month ago. I can't say if I could do more or less right now. I've been repping for the last few weeks, but at the time I did the test, I was dialed in three weeks out from my meet and feeling good.

    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  5. My wife 105 x 10 @ 115# BW

    http://youtu.be/K4CmfwkGl0A


    Mine at 185 x 15 @ 183# BW

    http://youtu.be/Ipto9kIGdTs
    •   
       

  6. justmechillin
    justmechillin's Avatar

    about 30 reps of 205.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    My wife 105 x 10 @ 115# BW

    http://youtu.be/K4CmfwkGl0A


    Mine at 185 x 15 @ 183# BW

    http://youtu.be/Ipto9kIGdTs
    Rep that Purus shirt!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  8. I tried this about a month ago and logged [email protected] Clearly have some work to do haha. Man I would love to rep out 225 like it was a warm up.

  9. I'd love to see vids of these lifts! I mean, some of these reps are incredible if you can actually do them.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I'd love to see vids of these lifts! I mean, some of these reps are incredible if you can actually do them.
    It didn't happen til there's a video.


    Just yesterday I did 30 with 225 @ 183#. Just sayin.

  11. alright ill go film a rep out at 225 and one at 165 real quick, hopefully i can atleast hit 20 with 225

  12. From 7/31 - [email protected]

    http://youtu.be/RVD269CUeDI

  13. Well this sucked. Start feeling tired at 10 freaking reps. Im gonna play around with this a little more and retest in a month. Started to do one at 170lbs afterwards but got to 10 and said screw it, so might do that one later on in the week. So heres my video. 168bwt benching 225lbs for 16 reps + a big fat fail at an attempted 17th lol


  14. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Well this sucked. Start feeling tired at 10 freaking reps. Im gonna play around with this a little more and retest in a month. Started to do one at 170lbs afterwards but got to 10 and said screw it, so might do that one later on in the week. So heres my video. 168bwt benching 225lbs for 16 reps + a big fat fail at an attempted 17th lol

    YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9xM5aT-tD0
    Well done man!! You're a beefy 168!! (Meant in a good way...no homo). I'm 5'7" 165 and I don't look nearly as thick! And 225 is my 1RM!!
    Again, good work!!

  15. Thanks, im only 5'2" so yea i look pretty thick for the weight. still know i can do better. Im gonna do my bwt one this week sometime, so hopefully i dont run out of gas at 10 again lol

  16. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Well this sucked. Start feeling tired at 10 freaking reps. Im gonna play around with this a little more and retest in a month. Started to do one at 170lbs afterwards but got to 10 and said screw it, so might do that one later on in the week. So heres my video. 168bwt benching 225lbs for 16 reps + a big fat fail at an attempted 17th lol

    Props for backing it up. Nice job man.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  17. You fuggin' short guys have it easy.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  18. or we just work harder...

  19. I may be short but I have long arms and legs. So surprisingly, a lot of the advice for tall guys works really well for me.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    or we just work harder...
    Actually you are doing less "work" (in the physics sense) with shorter limbs/distance.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  21. Actually i would be doing more work in the fact that i have less muscle mass and still use the weights that i do. stop using height as a reason for strength. its pathetic

  22. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Actually i would be doing more work in the fact that i have less muscle mass and still use the weights that i do. stop using height as a reason for strength. its pathetic
    He is techniquely right from a physics standpoint. Weight moved over a larger distance requires a greater amount of work. However, from a biomechanical standpoint your argument has some validity as well.

  23. I consider him to have it easy. 6'9" 250lbs. he has better leverages than me, and can put on a whole hell of alot more muscle mass than i can. at 5'2" im pretty freaking heavy for my height, i cant hold near as much muscle as he can. i just think when tall ppl say "you short guys have it easy" that **** kind of pisses me off. hey y not stop with the excuses and maximize your own bodies potential instead of complaining about height. not sure if he meant it as an insult or whatever, that just heats me up a lil bit. sorry if i took it out of context

  24. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Actually i would be doing more work in the fact that i have less muscle mass and still use the weights that i do. stop using height as a reason for strength. its pathetic
    No need to get upset. My arms and legs are ridiculously long making weights that seem easy to you harder for me because of how far I have to move them. Your full rep squat is only half for me. And I'm not using height as a reason for strength. I'm using it as a reason for why heavy weight sucks.

    Go untwist your panties.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  25. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    I consider him to have it easy. 6'9" 250lbs. he has better leverages than me, and can put on a whole hell of alot more muscle mass than i can. at 5'2" im pretty freaking heavy for my height, i cant hold near as much muscle as he can. i just think when tall ppl say "you short guys have it easy" that **** kind of pisses me off. hey y not stop with the excuses and maximize your own bodies potential instead of complaining about height. not sure if he meant it as an insult or whatever, that just heats me up a lil bit. sorry if i took it out of context
    Wasn't an insult bro so chill the **** out. I'm not making excuses. You shorties can pack on the mass way easier than I can. I'm sure as hell maximizing my potential getting it done every day. Shorter guys = shorter range of motion = less distance traveled = short guys have it easy.

    That was it. Chill brohamster.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  26. So much butthurt ITT.

  27. dont see how we can pack on mass easier. yes we have a shorter rom, but also we have alot less muscle to move the weight with. take bench for instance. its a whole body lift if you do it right. you can generate alot more power out of your leg drive than i can. you have way bigger lats than i do and get them to help with the lift. not to mention you most likely have double the mass in chest and on arms than i do. i dont see tall as a handicap at all. id love to be a lil bit taller actually lol

  28. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    dont see how we can pack on mass easier. yes we have a shorter rom, but also we have alot less muscle to move the weight with. take bench for instance. its a whole body lift if you do it right. you can generate alot more power out of your leg drive than i can. you have way bigger lats than i do and get them to help with the lift. not to mention you most likely have double the mass in chest and on arms than i do. i dont see tall as a handicap at all. id love to be a lil bit taller actually lol
    I wish I was 6'3-6'5" so that I could be like Brian Shaw.


    Just sayin.


    Its a lot easier to go NFL if you're taller too!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    So much butthurt ITT.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    My wife 105 x 10 @ 115# BW http://youtu.be/K4CmfwkGl0A Mine at 185 x 15 @ 183# BW http://youtu.be/Ipto9kIGdTs
    Get a haircut you fcking hippie...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Am I gripping the BB too close for bench pressing?
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 09:49 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
  3. Partial Rep Bench Press - what's the problem again?
    By BrooklynBB in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 12:11 AM
  4. Tips for adding reps to Bench Press
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 04:53 PM
  5. Reverse-Grip Bench Press on Smith Machine for Triceps
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Log in
Log in