Bench Press BW for Reps

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. alright ill go film a rep out at 225 and one at 165 real quick, hopefully i can atleast hit 20 with 225


  2. Well this sucked. Start feeling tired at 10 freaking reps. Im gonna play around with this a little more and retest in a month. Started to do one at 170lbs afterwards but got to 10 and said screw it, so might do that one later on in the week. So heres my video. 168bwt benching 225lbs for 16 reps + a big fat fail at an attempted 17th lol

    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Well this sucked. Start feeling tired at 10 freaking reps. Im gonna play around with this a little more and retest in a month. Started to do one at 170lbs afterwards but got to 10 and said screw it, so might do that one later on in the week. So heres my video. 168bwt benching 225lbs for 16 reps + a big fat fail at an attempted 17th lol

    YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9xM5aT-tD0
    Well done man!! You're a beefy 168!! (Meant in a good way...no homo). I'm 5'7" 165 and I don't look nearly as thick! And 225 is my 1RM!!
    Again, good work!!

  4. Thanks, im only 5'2" so yea i look pretty thick for the weight. still know i can do better. Im gonna do my bwt one this week sometime, so hopefully i dont run out of gas at 10 again lol

  5. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Well this sucked. Start feeling tired at 10 freaking reps. Im gonna play around with this a little more and retest in a month. Started to do one at 170lbs afterwards but got to 10 and said screw it, so might do that one later on in the week. So heres my video. 168bwt benching 225lbs for 16 reps + a big fat fail at an attempted 17th lol

    Props for backing it up. Nice job man.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  6. You fuggin' short guys have it easy.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  7. or we just work harder...

  8. I may be short but I have long arms and legs. So surprisingly, a lot of the advice for tall guys works really well for me.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    or we just work harder...
    Actually you are doing less "work" (in the physics sense) with shorter limbs/distance.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  10. Actually i would be doing more work in the fact that i have less muscle mass and still use the weights that i do. stop using height as a reason for strength. its pathetic

  11. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Actually i would be doing more work in the fact that i have less muscle mass and still use the weights that i do. stop using height as a reason for strength. its pathetic
    He is techniquely right from a physics standpoint. Weight moved over a larger distance requires a greater amount of work. However, from a biomechanical standpoint your argument has some validity as well.

  12. I consider him to have it easy. 6'9" 250lbs. he has better leverages than me, and can put on a whole hell of alot more muscle mass than i can. at 5'2" im pretty freaking heavy for my height, i cant hold near as much muscle as he can. i just think when tall ppl say "you short guys have it easy" that **** kind of pisses me off. hey y not stop with the excuses and maximize your own bodies potential instead of complaining about height. not sure if he meant it as an insult or whatever, that just heats me up a lil bit. sorry if i took it out of context

  13. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Actually i would be doing more work in the fact that i have less muscle mass and still use the weights that i do. stop using height as a reason for strength. its pathetic
    No need to get upset. My arms and legs are ridiculously long making weights that seem easy to you harder for me because of how far I have to move them. Your full rep squat is only half for me. And I'm not using height as a reason for strength. I'm using it as a reason for why heavy weight sucks.

    Go untwist your panties.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  14. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    I consider him to have it easy. 6'9" 250lbs. he has better leverages than me, and can put on a whole hell of alot more muscle mass than i can. at 5'2" im pretty freaking heavy for my height, i cant hold near as much muscle as he can. i just think when tall ppl say "you short guys have it easy" that **** kind of pisses me off. hey y not stop with the excuses and maximize your own bodies potential instead of complaining about height. not sure if he meant it as an insult or whatever, that just heats me up a lil bit. sorry if i took it out of context
    Wasn't an insult bro so chill the **** out. I'm not making excuses. You shorties can pack on the mass way easier than I can. I'm sure as hell maximizing my potential getting it done every day. Shorter guys = shorter range of motion = less distance traveled = short guys have it easy.

    That was it. Chill brohamster.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  15. So much butthurt ITT.

  16. dont see how we can pack on mass easier. yes we have a shorter rom, but also we have alot less muscle to move the weight with. take bench for instance. its a whole body lift if you do it right. you can generate alot more power out of your leg drive than i can. you have way bigger lats than i do and get them to help with the lift. not to mention you most likely have double the mass in chest and on arms than i do. i dont see tall as a handicap at all. id love to be a lil bit taller actually lol

  17. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    dont see how we can pack on mass easier. yes we have a shorter rom, but also we have alot less muscle to move the weight with. take bench for instance. its a whole body lift if you do it right. you can generate alot more power out of your leg drive than i can. you have way bigger lats than i do and get them to help with the lift. not to mention you most likely have double the mass in chest and on arms than i do. i dont see tall as a handicap at all. id love to be a lil bit taller actually lol
    I wish I was 6'3-6'5" so that I could be like Brian Shaw.


    Just sayin.


    Its a lot easier to go NFL if you're taller too!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    So much butthurt ITT.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    My wife 105 x 10 @ 115# BW http://youtu.be/K4CmfwkGl0A Mine at 185 x 15 @ 183# BW http://youtu.be/Ipto9kIGdTs
    Get a haircut you fcking hippie...

  20. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Get a haircut you fcking hippie...
    Right?? Ever since he got that civie status....He might as well get dreadlocks!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  21. Fact.


    I don't need a haircut so I'm not getting one!

  22. I'm 202 lbs. I can get 225 for 30 reps

  23. Quote Originally Posted by TaoPhD View Post
    I'm 202 lbs. I can get 225 for 30 reps
    your avi looks like chicken legs syndrome. even if thats true, i only see 135 squat for 5

  24. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    your avi looks like chicken legs syndrome. even if thats true, i only see 135 squat for 5
    Lol...

  25. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    your avi looks like chicken legs syndrome. even if that's true, i only see 135 squat for 5
    I believe this is the part where I get mad? your right dude, 135 x 5 and that's my bench for reps. I never do legs and I only wear pants as you can see from my avi.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by money0351 View Post
    Name:  image-3210336851.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  342.3 KB
    That's funny. It's cool though. I know who I am. He has the right to to talk trash if he wants to. I mean, why not? He's 5'10" and 192 pounds at 23 when he has the most natural potential at his age that he will have in his life. Can't lift a whole lot but and he's not that tall but it's ok. I would feel the need to bring other people down to make myself feel better. I guess Napoleon syndrome works people who are 5'10" also. And yes, I changed my avatar. Go ahead and tell me how I'm now hiding.

  27. Anyway, that was the last response I post to onion knight. I'm not here for a pissing contest.

  28. OP here, this thread is about bench pressing body weight for reps. So far the majority of lifters are reporting reps in the teens. There have been a few in the light side of 20. I posted this thread to see how I rank with strength compared to the lifters here (even though I haven't tested yet).

  29. Kenpo,

    Do you feel weightlifting had affected your martial art? In a good way or bad way?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by TaoPhD View Post
    Kenpo, Do you feel weightlifting had affected your martial art? In a good way or bad way?
    I practice Kenpo Karate and boxing. Weightlifting has affected my flexibility somewhat but made me stronger and more able. Thanks for asking.

  31. Has it messed with your striking speed?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Am I gripping the BB too close for bench pressing?
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 08:49 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 11:56 AM
  3. Partial Rep Bench Press - what's the problem again?
    By BrooklynBB in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 11:11 PM
  4. Tips for adding reps to Bench Press
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
  5. Reverse-Grip Bench Press on Smith Machine for Triceps
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 04:58 AM
Log in
Log in