Beyond wendler 5/3/1

gymrat727

gymrat727

Awards
Any one try this program yet? I am currently reading his wendler 5/3/1 book although I heard his new book is nothing like the old one. I have seen some YouTube videos of people running his program but they say there is hundreds of different variations you can set up. Don't be scared to post a PDF download link if you have it :)

rockme

rockme

Awards
Any one try this program yet? I am currently reading his wendler 5/3/1 book although I heard his new book is nothing like the old one. I have seen some YouTube videos of people running his program but they say there is hundreds of different variations you can set up. Don't be scared to post a PDF download link if you have it :)
new book is way better. old one did not have enough heavy sets imo. buy it and support the author

caino

caino

Awards
He contradicts himself in this book, its very volume based on the big lifts, as for the old books he basically says just lift thise sets and deload

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
I've got both. The first was a great place to start. Simple, short, an effective. I like the new book because it is just different templates and ideas with brief descriptions. No heavy analysis or science, just different ideas of things to incorporate. Just don't think your gonna use all, or even most of them. I picked out two things right away and that's it.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Been doing joker sets and first set last since I read it, love it.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beyond 5/3/1 isn't a program itself. It's more like a list of amendments to his original books. It's just a book full of ideas

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beyond 5/3/1 isn't a program itself. It's more like almost of amendments to his original books. It's just a book full of ideas
Bingo. It's for the more advanced lifter and very much aimed at the competitive lifter. 5/3/1 is very easy to understand and you can get the principles in 10 minutes. Beyond 5/3/1 is much more complex and not for the novice.