Lower abdominal fat? No matter what it won't go away!!!!

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys,

I have been working out for a long time and have tried various exercise programs and supplements as well as diets. No matter what combination I seem to use I can gain size very quickly but losing body fat is very difficult for me. With a very strict diet, the correct supplements, and consistant training my body fat does not really drop near the level I would like. For example it is very difficult, even with everything tuned in, to get my body fat into single digits. AND more bothersome then even my overall body fat percentage is the fact that I seem to hold a very large portion of my fat in the area between my belly button and my belt line in the center and around the sides. This is even when my bf is at 10% or so. I know guys tend to hold abdominal fat to the end but my question is what type of underlying hormonal conditions can lead to a preponderance of abdominal adiposity when the overall bf is relatively low? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mr.50

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I am willing to bet your diet and your form of exercise whether its weight training/cardio are not right.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I tend to agree with you Bobo. I mean I feel that everything is tuned in but diet and exercise are the most obvious answers. Before I start redesigning my program though I was just wondering if lower abdominal adiposity had a correlation with, for example, insulin control??? So that if this is the case I will focus on making sure that I am eating the right kind of carbs and the right amounts (for example). Thats the kind of thing I was talking about so that if I have to redisign my program I will know what things to focus on.

Mr.50

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Not really. Its generally is the last thing to disappear. You should find my post on "hidden fat spots" as it describes something you might be going through. You have to lose fat around your butt, inner thighs, lower back etc....before you really thin out your lower abs. Its can play tricks on you ebcause you will diet and diet and it doesn't seem to budge when in reality you are losing fat in other areas first.