Post workout nap

alphanik

alphanik

Awards
I work in the defence force and have had 3 weeks off to return home for a break. I have been trialling a training/nutrition regime which would not usually be possible if I were working. I have been hitting the gym at the crack of dawn on an empty stomach, and working the major muscle groups with the main lifts. Once my sessions over I have a post workout shake with fast digesting carbs (maltodextrin),i then head home and about half hour after the end of my workout I have a high protein and slow digesting carb breakfast, typically oatmeal,fruit and whey mixed together or eggs whites and oatmeal. I then go straight to sleep for an hour and a half. Upon waking up a will consume a smaller high protein meal,usually a steak, egg whites or chicken breast. I will then usually go on to train a smaller muscle group later in the afternoon as part of a two a day regime. I've only been doing his for 2 weeks, and once I go back to work i obviously can't continue this training regime but I feel like I am getting good results,with greater energy throughout the day an a quicker recovery turnaround. Just interested to here some thoughts on this regime and maybe any science behind napping directly after a workout.eg,possible impact on recovery..ill also add that my current goals are to add muscle while keeping my body fat stable,currently about 8-9% as pursuing a bulking/cutting cycle is not something i like to do...

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I work in the defence force and have had 3 weeks off to return home for a break. I have been trialling a training/nutrition regime which would not usually be possible if I were working. I have been hitting the gym at the crack of dawn on an empty stomach, and working the major muscle groups with the main lifts. Once my sessions over I have a post workout shake with fast digesting carbs (maltodextrin),i then head home and about half hour after the end of my workout I have a high protein and slow digesting carb breakfast, typically oatmeal,fruit and whey mixed together or eggs whites and oatmeal. I then go straight to sleep for an hour and a half. Upon waking up a will consume a smaller high protein meal,usually a steak, egg whites or chicken breast. I will then usually go on to train a smaller muscle group later in the afternoon as part of a two a day regime. I've only been doing his for 2 weeks, and once I go back to work i obviously can't continue this training regime but I feel like I am getting good results,with greater energy throughout the day an a quicker recovery turnaround. Just interested to here some thoughts on this regime and maybe any science behind napping directly after a workout.eg,possible impact on recovery..ill also add that my current goals are to add muscle while keeping my body fat stable,currently about 8-9% as pursuing a bulking/cutting cycle is not something i like to do...
Your napping is definitely helping to boost your results. Recovery methods are one of the three most important factors for getting the best results, up there with your training and nutrition.In an interview with Pat Mendes, pro olympic weightlifter athlete of Average Broz Gym fame, he reported that his training regimen from dawn to dusk consisted of waking, eating, training, eating, napping, eating, training, eating, and sleeping, day in day out. I am sure that this is highly representative of most pros out there and help contribute to their tremendous results.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
i sneak naps on the weekend post training, i love it....