Compression recovery units
- 06-17-2013, 06:21 PM
- 06-17-2013, 06:38 PM
A good cool down after working out and some chryotherapy (like a contrast bath) should do the trick.
06-17-2013, 11:20 PM
Contrast baths speak volumes for the human body!
Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196
06-18-2013, 08:35 AM
The basic idea behind the compression recovery units is to force fluid (which contain metabolic biproducts, inflammatory biochemicals, acids...toxins for lack of a better term) back into systemic circulation, allowing for the delivery of "fresh blood" and thus improving recovery. I will have to dig up the study, but there is some evidence to show the underarmor full body compression suit improved recovery following a D1 football game (or practice). This was done at UConn.
Either way, a good light cardio cool down, foam rolling, and then a contrast bath will do the same thing, for a fraction of the monetary cost.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Ari Gold in forum Product ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2012, 11:46 AM
- By YellowJacket in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-08-2003, 04:55 PM
- By Sheesh in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-28-2003, 12:06 PM
- By wojo in forum SupplementsReplies: 21Last Post: 01-22-2003, 07:30 PM
- By Matthew D in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 12-14-2002, 05:48 PM