What is a HIIT programme

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
High
Intensity
Interval
Training

Everyone has a method they prefer. I usually do it for between 10 and 20 minutes in an elliptical or stationary bike with 30 seconds at high intensity and 30 seconds at regular intensity.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
high intensity interval training. sprint 1 minute, walk 1 minute. rinse and repeat 5-7 times and done. theres a million different apps for it too.

that was jsut an example. you can tweak the duration of run/walk or do run/jog or just do it on a bike or elliptical. running is the best method if youre already really lean

theres also something called a HIT routine which is high intensity training. intensity and volume are inversely related, so think of it as lower reps for heavy weight type of training, aka strength training

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
I usually have 5 stations I have set up that I do for 5 minutes each. With rest in between each station of about 45 sec to a minute and a half.

Example station 1 power movements for every major muscle.

Then sprints for station 2 on and off for 5 min

Station 3 nothing but body weight exercises for 30 sec. Repeat till you hit 5 min.

Station 4 back in the treadmill with an incline. 20 sec sprints 10 sec rest for 5 min.

Station 5 Then I do bastardos with moderate weight as many times as possible for 5 minutes.

ash123hale

ash123hale

Awards
Cheers dude sounds good! Ill give it a try, how many times a week u do these? And do u do steady state runs eg 10k 1 hr .... Etc on alternate days?

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
I do that twice a week because its pretty intense. I could send you the full workout if you wanted. But beware you won't finish it the first time. And I also do steady state cardio twice a week when I'm not doing hiit. I usually only lift twice a week because I can't get slow and sluggish for my sport.

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
Alright just do it twice a week cause its a lot of wear on your body. Give me a little bit and ill send you the full workout later.

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
Ok give me a few ill send you the full workout in a few hours. But you gotta let me know how you do the first time cause no one at my gym can do it. I almost passed out yesterday but I went full force and got it done.

ash123hale

ash123hale

Awards
Yeah no worries, I'll integrate it into my training programme an try it Thursday as I jus dun some HIIT and have a steady state and weight training 2moz! Cheers dude