What is a HIIT programme

1. What is a HIIT programme

What is a HIIT programme

2. High
    Intensity
    Interval
    Training

Everyone has a method they prefer. I usually do it for between 10 and 20 minutes in an elliptical or stationary bike with 30 seconds at high intensity and 30 seconds at regular intensity.
    •   

3. Thanks so lik hill sprints intervals etc

4. high intensity interval training. sprint 1 minute, walk 1 minute. rinse and repeat 5-7 times and done. theres a million different apps for it too.

that was jsut an example. you can tweak the duration of run/walk or do run/jog or just do it on a bike or elliptical. running is the best method if youre already really lean

theres also something called a HIT routine which is high intensity training. intensity and volume are inversely related, so think of it as lower reps for heavy weight type of training, aka strength training

5. I usually have 5 stations I have set up that I do for 5 minutes each. With rest in between each station of about 45 sec to a minute and a half.

Example station 1 power movements for every major muscle.

Then sprints for station 2 on and off for 5 min

Station 3 nothing but body weight exercises for 30 sec. Repeat till you hit 5 min.

Station 4 back in the treadmill with an incline. 20 sec sprints 10 sec rest for 5 min.

Station 5 Then I do bastardos with moderate weight as many times as possible for 5 minutes.

6. Cheers dude sounds good! Ill give it a try, how many times a week u do these? And do u do steady state runs eg 10k 1 hr .... Etc on alternate days?

7. I do that twice a week because its pretty intense. I could send you the full workout if you wanted. But beware you won't finish it the first time. And I also do steady state cardio twice a week when I'm not doing hiit. I usually only lift twice a week because I can't get slow and sluggish for my sport.

8. Yeah ok that wud b cool! Thanks

9. Alright just do it twice a week cause its a lot of wear on your body. Give me a little bit and ill send you the full workout later.

10. Ok give me a few ill send you the full workout in a few hours. But you gotta let me know how you do the first time cause no one at my gym can do it. I almost passed out yesterday but I went full force and got it done.
    •   

11. Yeah no worries, I'll integrate it into my training programme an try it Thursday as I jus dun some HIIT and have a steady state and weight training 2moz! Cheers dude

Similar Forum Threads

1. what is a good sleep-aid?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:33 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 01:54 PM
  3. What is your biggest pleasure?
    By Rhinoman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 04:14 PM
  4. What is 1-test?