Morning Workouts vs. Evening Workouts
- 05-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Morning Workouts vs. Evening Workouts
When it all comes down to it, deciding to workout in the early morning or late evening comes down to plain personal preference. While mornings work better for your personality and lifestyle, it won’t work for everyone.
We here at House Of Pain want to go over some of the advantages and disadvantages of each time. Maybe we’ll point out a few things you haven’t yet considered. But before we get into the pros and cons, ask yourself these questions.
- Are you generally more productive in the mornings or evenings?
- What does your work schedule tell you to do?
- What time of the day does your family need you the most?
- Do you tend to talk yourself out of working out during the day?
- Does waking up early and working out knock you out for the rest of the day?
The most important thing is to be honest with yourself. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. Answering these questions honestly will help decide what time of the day is best for you.
Morning Workouts: Pros & Cons
+ Makes you feel like you got up and brought it early on. You have the rest of the day to relax and recover.
+ The food you eat during the day is recovery food.
+ According to your body mechanics and metabolism, mornings are best for burning calories.
- You have to wake up early. Not a big deal to some people, huge deal to others.
- Leaves you less time for pre-workout food and supplements.
-Working out can make you feel tired afterwards, leaving you little energy to do a physically demanding job from 9-5pm.
Night Workouts: Pros & Cons
+ You have the entire day to prepare, energize, focus and use supplements.
+ You can sleep in a little later and have time to prepare a good breakfast.
+ The gym may (or may not) be less busy at night, which means no waiting around.
+ You get to go to sleep soon after your workout, which is the best form of recovery.
- Your work day may tire you out or you might talk yourself out of going to the gym to hang out with friends or just to relax.
- You might find it difficult to fall asleep after working out because your body feels too awake.
- Leaves you little time to eat recovery foods.
There are all kinds of other scenarios that are important factors to consider. For example, if you are commuting to work every day and your gym is just a few blocks away from your office, it may work out really well to arrive to the gym early in the morning before AM rush hour. Then you only have to fight traffic once a day rather than twice a day. On the other hand, it may work out better for you to work out as soon as you get off of work, saving you from fighting PM rush hour.
Whether you decide to workout in the mornings or the evenings is your personal call. The best advice that can be given in regards to working out in the morning vs the evening is to do whatever will help you get to the gym the most often.
House Of Pain offers workout and powerlifting gear for the extreme athlete. The above image is not our own.
- 05-30-2013, 02:54 PM
I disagree with one of the cons on morning workouts. I have more energy and am less tired throughout the day on mornings when I workout as opposed to mornings that I may miss and have to work out after work. As another pro at my gym it's basically me and maybe two other people lifting that early in the morning so I have plenty of space and options for exercises. I've never had to wait for a machine or set of weights in the morning. And for the other con, most people who workout in the mornings prefer to do so fasted so no worries about the pre workout food. I just slam my Powermax and am out the door!Board Rep for PHWSupplements
Use Coupon code NICK10 for 10% off any order!
Similar Forum Threads
- By Obsidi8n in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 08-01-2009, 06:50 PM
- By Bryce720 in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
- By Cupcakemafia in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 04-30-2009, 04:12 PM
- By frezel in forum Training ForumReplies: 59Last Post: 06-19-2008, 03:55 PM
- By Kata1yst in forum Weight LossReplies: 11Last Post: 01-18-2008, 04:01 PM