I have to use to ez-bar for curls.. Now what? - AnabolicMinds.com

I have to use to ez-bar for curls.. Now what?

1. Registered User

I have to use to ez-bar for curls.. Now what?

When I was 17, I tried my best to keep up with a buddy of mine in the gym. On a 150lb set of 6, my last rep (straight-bar curls) took about 10 seconds. I struggled and strained to get that last rep, but I never made it. Ever since then, I've had discomfort while lifting heavy with a straight-bar for curls.. How much of a difference am I looking at - in regards to gaining bicep size - if I can only lift heavy with an ez-curl bar?

2. Board Supporter

Whats the problem with an EZ bar? I prefer them. Much more comfortable.
  3. Anabolic Innovations Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance
    When I was 17, I tried my best to keep up with a buddy of mine in the gym. On a 150lb set of 6, my last rep (straight-bar curls) took about 10 seconds. I struggled and strained to get that last rep, but I never made it. Ever since then, I've had discomfort while lifting heavy with a straight-bar for curls.. How much of a difference am I looking at - in regards to gaining bicep size - if I can only lift heavy with an ez-curl bar?

Why worry about it?

You have already said you can't use straight bar because of an injury over 15 years ago soit really doesn't matter.

Btw I don't think it really makes a differance at all.
    •   

4. Registered User

So it's no big deal that I can't do straight-bar curls? The slight bend in the bar wont make a difference? That's great news for me.
  5. Senior Member

No difrence at all. I had tndonitis in my left wrist 9 yrs ago. I havn't used a strait bar since. Just use EZ bar or dumbells. The shape of your muscle is geneticly determined. No particular type of ecercise will ever change that. You want bigger arms? Make sure you train the brachioradialus as hard as the brachi.
  6. Registered User

When I train biceps, I do ez-bar curls with a normal grip, with a close grip, alternating dumbell curls, hammer curls and concentration curls... This usually comes after training back... How's that sound?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

sounds like overkill to me. 5 different bi exercises after a back workout. sounds like some lee priest routine. but if it's working for you, don't fix what ain't broke.
  8. Registered User

Well.. I'm guessing the ez-bar grip gives more attention to my outer biceps than a straight-bar. Right? So, I thought the close-grip ez-bar would concentrate more on the inner biceps.. Am I right there? If that's the case, then I suppose I could probably just replace that exercise with the dumbell curls because THAT exercise should hit the inner enough.. How's that line of thinking?
  9. Anabolic Innovations Owner

In my opion unless a person is 250lbs at 10% BF I wouldn't worry about inner bi outter bi etc.

Just lift and I agree 100% with Belzabub that is WAY too many sets. For me 3 work sets is plenty for biceps after doing back.

BTW Belzebub has a GREAT log of his last workout program. He picked up about 30lbs and now weighs about 260lbs.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    In my opion unless a person is 250lbs at 10% BF I wouldn't worry about inner bi outter bi etc.

Just lift and I agree 100% with Belzabub that is WAY too many sets. For me 3 work sets is plenty for biceps after doing back.

BTW Belzebub has a GREAT log of his last workout program. He picked up about 30lbs and now weighs about 260lbs.
    about 266lbs, but who's counting.

as for inner and outer development. this is what i usually do, or something close to.
    ez curl bar
    alternated dumbbell curls (turning the wrist as far as i can inwards while going up, this works inner good, use a weight that you can control thought, not one that you have to swing up)
    concentration curls (easy and controlled, 8-10 reps)

i do this after legs so i don't even get the pre exhaust like you do with the back routine beforehand. might want to change it up a little bit.
  11. Registered User

I'm going to close-up my biceps routine a little bit. I had a killer headache last night and wound-up training with very few sets and lifted heavier than I normally do as a result. So I'll definitely make some changes..

Just an FYI. I'm 5ft7in and I weigh a little over 240. I don't know my bodyfat but I'm not fat and I'm not cut either. I don't train to compete or to look like a bodybuilder - I just like being big and in good shape.

One more FYI, I weighed 230 a few weeks ago - before I started Tribulis, 6-OXO, loads of protein, Creatine and a few other non-hormonal over-the-counter supplements...
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    sounds like overkill to me. 5 different bi exercises after a back workout. sounds like some lee priest routine. but if it's working for you, don't fix what ain't broke.
    there's a little lee priest in all of us, i sometimes do 30-35 sets for chest, not every week. However, sometimes i feel the pump, and i don't want to stop.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What to use during and PCT for "The One"?
    By Miro3003 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 05:29 PM
  2. Best type of oil to use to make different foods?
    By AM07 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 08:48 PM
  3. Being Put to Sleep Tomorrow, Cant eat for 8 hours what to do?
    By pistonpump in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 12:08 AM