Looking for a good tricep workout
- 05-15-2013, 11:26 PM
- 05-16-2013, 02:46 AM
Change up tempo do a 4/0/X style of training or drop sets
- 05-16-2013, 05:16 AM
I have a video of an intense tricep routine you can try. I will send you a PM.
05-16-2013, 07:21 AM
You NEED some sort of lying triceps extension in there (i.e.: skull crusher). The long head of the triceps make up about 1/3 of the overall arm girth. The long head is also not fully recruited during typical pressing exercises as the short and medial heads are. We can talk more about the ins and outs of this, but basically in a successful skull crusher your upper arm will be fixed in place with the shoulder flexed to 90 degrees (i.e.: straight up and down) and the elbows must stay in line with the shoulders the whole time. You can do these with a variety of resistance, barbells, cambered bar, dumbbells, or cables. But, if your goal is big arms, they are a must.
Jason Cholewa, Ph.D., CSCS
05-16-2013, 08:57 AM
I would only add rolling Tricep extensions, JM press, and close grip press to that list above me
Controlled Labs Board Rep
CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
05-16-2013, 11:16 AM
05-16-2013, 11:24 AM
05-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Probably more so than the typical close grip, and I think it is a much more useful movement towards increase bench press...but as far as targeting the long head for hypertrophy purposes, not as much.
05-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Violator4200 in forum SupplementsReplies: 29Last Post: 04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
- By biggun2181 in forum SupplementsReplies: 16Last Post: 08-01-2005, 02:21 PM
- By biggun2181 in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 02-07-2005, 10:37 AM
- By VES in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2004, 11:35 PM
- By elijah_123 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 7Last Post: 06-15-2003, 04:00 PM