Change up tempo do a 4/0/X style of training or drop sets

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a video of an intense tricep routine you can try. I will send you a PM. :)

Ben

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You NEED some sort of lying triceps extension in there (i.e.: skull crusher). The long head of the triceps make up about 1/3 of the overall arm girth. The long head is also not fully recruited during typical pressing exercises as the short and medial heads are. We can talk more about the ins and outs of this, but basically in a successful skull crusher your upper arm will be fixed in place with the shoulder flexed to 90 degrees (i.e.: straight up and down) and the elbows must stay in line with the shoulders the whole time. You can do these with a variety of resistance, barbells, cambered bar, dumbbells, or cables. But, if your goal is big arms, they are a must.

Jason Cholewa, Ph.D., CSCS

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome^

I would only add rolling Tricep extensions, JM press, and close grip press to that list above me

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You NEED some sort of lying triceps extension in there (i.e.: skull crusher). The long head of the triceps make up about 1/3 of the overall arm girth. The long head is also not fully recruited during typical pressing exercises as the short and medial heads are. We can talk more about the ins and outs of this, but basically in a successful skull crusher your upper arm will be fixed in place with the shoulder flexed to 90 degrees (i.e.: straight up and down) and the elbows must stay in line with the shoulders the whole time. You can do these with a variety of resistance, barbells, cambered bar, dumbbells, or cables. But, if your goal is big arms, they are a must.

Love skullcrushers! I'll go directly into a superset of close grip press right after a set of those and that hits em hard!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Wouldn't Tate's hit this or would the non-fixed elbow shift emphasis?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably more so than the typical close grip, and I think it is a much more useful movement towards increase bench press...but as far as targeting the long head for hypertrophy purposes, not as much.

Guido1983

Guido1983

Banned
Awards

Due to a surgery I had on my arm I cannot rotate my left arm over. I have trouble with crushers. I thought tate press would be a decent substitute.

What else can I try donng