How many hours of sleep do you get?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    There were a bunch of them. I used several paid ones and used the 30 day trials then would switch. I use the app sleep timer to set my alarm based upon cycles.
    I tried SleepBot last night, pretty crazy actually. It showed all the times I came out of sleep due to rolling around and stuff like that. Lol, pretty sure it caught a loud fart as well.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Zquil has acetaminophen in it. Its a nsaid. Can prolong recovery. Another topic for another day.
    Here's study supporting the position on prolonging recovery

    Effect of ibuprofen and acetaminophen on postexercise muscle protein synthesis.

    AuthorsTrappe TA, et al. Show all Journal
    Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Mar;282(3):E551-6.

    "These results suggest that over-the-counter doses of both ibuprofen and acetaminophen suppress the protein synthesis response in skeletal muscle after eccentric resistance exercise"
    •   
       


  3. I get 6-7 hours a day, I work a lot, and I have two little kids, I'm a single father. I work at a rehab hospital on Sat, or Sat and Sun when I don't have my children, and we go to church on Sun. So needless to say I don't have a lot of time. I used to use melatonin, but it made me too groggy, I've been using a mag/zinc supplement, and I take some l-theanine before bed it helps a bit.
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency

  4. About 8 here total, but with little ones I'm awake at least every 2 hours...not cool

  5. With the heat lately I've only been getting like 5 or less for the past few nights. I finally broke down last night and turned the AC on to get a wopping 6hrs of sleep but i def feel better today. I'll have to try out that app mentioned in the thread and see if it does anything for me.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    With the heat lately I've only been getting like 5 or less for the past few nights. I finally broke down last night and turned the AC on to get a wopping 6hrs of sleep but i def feel better today. I'll have to try out that app mentioned in the thread and see if it does anything for me.
    the most important thing i learned from the apps i have used, is to be sure to try and wake up based upon 90 minute intervals. even if its just 3 hours of sleep. give yourself 15 minutes to fall asleep as well. this may mean that your wake up time can change depending on when you go to sleep. at times you may need to wake up long before you need to but dont get that extra hour as it will make you feel worse getting woken up during a deep sleep cycle.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    the most important thing i learned from the apps i have used, is to be sure to try and wake up based upon 90 minute intervals. even if its just 3 hours of sleep. give yourself 15 minutes to fall asleep as well. this may mean that your wake up time can change depending on when you go to sleep. at times you may need to wake up long before you need to but dont get that extra hour as it will make you feel worse getting woken up during a deep sleep cycle.
    This will definitely be a weekend experiment lol. So basically no matter what I should get up at 90min intervals from the time I fall asleep no matter how long the sleep is?
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    This will definitely be a weekend experiment lol. So basically no matter what I should get up at 90min intervals from the time I fall asleep no matter how long the sleep is?
    long or short.

    tuesday nights are a very late night for me as i hang out with some old friends and we just let time get away from us. last night i didnt leave till 3 am. got home and in bed by 3:15 and set the alarm for 6:30. didnt need to get up till after 7 but i woke up anyways. this is also after my tuesday workout, which last night was 5x10 of squats followed by 15 sets of overhead work. i feel awake and a just a bit sore from the workout.

    it may take a week or more to start to feel the difference. it took me over a week and at first it was subtle. over several weeks i felt better and better. after a month it was like a huge difference others even noticed.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post

    the most important thing i learned from the apps i have used, is to be sure to try and wake up based upon 90 minute intervals. even if its just 3 hours of sleep. give yourself 15 minutes to fall asleep as well. this may mean that your wake up time can change depending on when you go to sleep. at times you may need to wake up long before you need to but dont get that extra hour as it will make you feel worse getting woken up during a deep sleep cycle.
    This makes perfect sense. Many times if I wake up early and go back to sleep I am even more tired. I am gonna try this.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Poll - How many hours of sleep a night do you sleep?
    By Collateral in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 09:07 AM
  2. how many scoops of jack3d do you take?
    By Grey Warden in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 06:24 PM
  3. How many grams of creatine do you take a day?
    By mdgrwl in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 05:29 PM
  4. How many grams of Tyrosine do you dose?
    By John Smeton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 08:13 PM
  5. How many Grams of Fiber do you get per day?
    By T-Bone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Log in
Log in