Golfer's Elbow self treatment procedures and duration?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, it happened to me last week.

When I awoke the day after Back/Biceps I felt a certain tension in my inner left elbow when stretching and extending/turning the elbow out to reach for items. I am right handed. I thought it was just soreness as perhaps I overdid training the night before. Had my leg workout day, then cardio day and felt better over those span of days with infrequent tenderness in the inner left elbow. Come back to start CST and decide to move less weight than usual just to be on the safe side. I read up on a few Internet sites-Mayo Clinic, Live Strong, etc and found what the injury was and recommended action is to limit weight, eliminate what movement caused the injury(I do not know which one) and avoid tricep isolation exercises. Experienced only a little bit of tension in the area afterwards. Did BB the next day with moderate weights. Same results. Then legs and cardio day and a day off and felt much better, do not even notice any sensation out of the ordinary in every day movements around the house, office,etc.

Just came back from CST using a moderate workout. I noticed tenderness on my first movement-bench, then overhead press to include just reaching out to pick up a 45lb plate. Affected the entire workout and I was careful with form and weights and cut it short a few movements.(I read about the fellow here who heard a "PoP" and was out for a year.) Now rested at home and the elbow is fine.

Doing more reading and read contradictory information as usual-stop entirely, take it light, use compression, no compression, etc.etc. A bit concerned about the fellow who wrote scar tissue will develop if continually used which leads to long term issues.

As usual I come here for the Good, The Bad and the Ugly. I am at a full week now with this issue when the area is under load. Should I just eliminate any forearm, tricep workouts for a month and then revisit the issue? When is it appropriate to visit a Dr? When I feel the inner edge of the affected elbow there does feel to be a certain displacement compared to my inner right elbow. What feels like the boney section is tight on the right but a bit mushy on the left.

Other self treatment?

Thanks as always.