INSTINCTIVE Training

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes you have to just put the numbers and rep schemes behind and just train hard without an EXACT PLAN. Things dont always work out "perfectly," train hard and have fun! Hope to collab with some fellow AM members! [video=youtube;ELZKbtept18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZKbtept18[/video]

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed with caveat/
Beginner's and even many intermeds need to stick to a proven plan of attack to learn their body's responses and not fall into CRCing and all the stuff that make gains dry up. Programs and routines build consistent work ethic along with the big major muscles of the body and keep your crosshairs on a specific target building weight progressions, fitness and mass gains over time.
Now, done sporadically for lots of individuals, sure, it can be a fine break or a good way to build some extra motivation. (we all love doing the stuff we get our heads way into) Maybe bring up a lagging part etc. etc.

Nice vids and are you a Pirates fan?
I was hoping more of that heavy deadlifting and perhaps squatting towards the end...! Hahaha

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Yah right man! 1.5 hrs of training and deadlifting I was taxed not to mention I am low bodyfat and dieting. I disagree with caveat and like to do this type of training whenever I feel like it. We live currently 45 min south of Pitt so yes I am! More videos on my channel, you might like some you might not! But we give food recipes, advice, training routines and keep things fun and comedic. Life should be fun but with hard work at the sametime!

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
GET IT! [video=youtube;GmM3PrBx4aA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmM3PrBx4aA&feature=c4-overview&list=UU0CuH3w5efBU-aO9sxbLRWQ[/video]

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bumping this thread for thoughts / opinions ...

Thinking of doing 4 weeks In January of just going in and hitting whatever exercises for whatever sets and reps... The only thing I will plan out is the actual muscle to be trained on the given day. Will let cardio fall into a whatever I feel like as well.... Thoughts on doing this for 4 weeks? I've been on programs for about two years.. Looking to just get back to basics and get the fun back in training which can sometimes go away when stuck to a template or routine

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bumping this thread for thoughts / opinions ...

Thinking of doing 4 weeks In January of just going in and hitting whatever exercises for whatever sets and reps... The only thing I will plan out is the actual muscle to be trained on the given day. Will let cardio fall into a whatever I feel like as well.... Thoughts on doing this for 4 weeks? I've been on programs for about two years.. Looking to just get back to basics and get the fun back in training which can sometimes go away when stuck to a template or routine
I did that for a long time, man. It's fun as long as you don't avoid the stuff you suck at. If you don't attack weaknesses you'll have a lot of fun in the gym and nothing to show for it. Which has its merits if you're tired of the grind and wanna reload for next year.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have done this for many years and I think it is necessary from a mental aspect as much as physical. I followed strict programming for my first 15ish years of training and then decided to start working in an 6-8 week period 2x a year where I essentially did as I pleased in the gym- and currently am in one. It is very liberating from a mental standpoint and makes me feel refreshed.

I end up still generally sticking with the big 6, but one week I may do an OLAD, the next add in a bunch of HIIT, maybe do a week of traditional programming, etc.. Just depends on how I'm feeling.

Then at the end of 8 weeks, I am craving a routine again. Win/win.