Push/pull vs push/pull/legs

FromAus

Awards
I was wondering what is better because I'm currently doing push/pull, but was thinking about push/pull/ legs would be better due to training a muscle group an extra exercise or two. It would also let me be able to hit legs more?

Opinion guys??

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
how do you hit legs on just a push/pull schedule? are you tryin to be one of those chicken legged fools? of course push/pull/legs is better

unless your push incudes squats and your pulls incude deadlifts. personally, id do push/legs/pull/legs that way i could split my leg days into posterior and anterior work. or id just do full body 3x week like i am now

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PPL is probably a better option IMO if only because you can organize it a little more logically and you don't deadlift the day after squatting.

Of course, many set up Push/Pull by doing one heavy and the other light, and after a rest day inverting the setup. That can work. It depends on your recovery and work capacity, though, and PPL would be a little easier on you.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was wondering what is better because I'm currently doing push/pull, but was thinking about push/pull/ legs would be better due to training a muscle group an extra exercise or two. It would also let me be able to hit legs more?

Opinion guys??
Not specifically sure of your question!?!? but,
From what I hear, leg pressing can be a decent adjunct to deadlifting, and especially if you are not squatting at all. Some lifters pull (conventional) by putting more BW back on their heels, almost leveraging themselves against the bar and floor ala Mike Tuscherer and use the hams much more while others seem to use quads some, especially for the start off the floor. I know I get good speed off the floor with my quads, and I will on a regualr basis do a close stance squat putting more emphasis on my quads. Front squats help the dead too.
I know if my squat went up, my dead usually always followed. Not always vice versa as much.
I suppose the least amount of bent leg work, might be higher hip pulling like Orlando Green does, but I am sure his hams are quite strong to help upright those huge #800+ loads.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I dont usually do deads on squat days