severe cramping when I really squeeze the weights.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
I recently have been squeezing the bar like I want to make it crumble on every movement. I get insane cramping. I drink plentuy oF water. I have been trainimg for 10 years or so and never felt this... it is a spasm then cramp. Any ideas... I take a multi with minerals..

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Can I ask why?

Are you using creatine?
Started using fatgrips for bi's and squeezing like that realy helps me connect to the muscle so I started doing it all the time.... neen off creatine for a few months

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Started using fatgrips for bi's and squeezing like that realy helps me connect to the muscle so I started doing it all the time
So maybe that might be overkill all the time!? Everything in moderation might be better and you can still concentrate on the muscle(s) at hand, no!?
I mean, has it made such a great difference in your biceps, that it is worth losing good training time not switching on and off with other bars?
Also, have you tried any supplemental magnesium perhaps?

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
The guy who got us on this kick is 60 years old, natty all his life and built like a lean, brick **** house... I cant question his methods, lol....

I will try extra magnesium...

badwolf42

Awards
you just learning to activate your muscles more fully and they aren't use to it and don't know what to do. they will calm down once the neural connection is smoothed over.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
you just learning to activate your muscles more fully and they aren't use to it and don't know what to do. they will calm down once the neural connection is smoothed over.
Hope so, lat spasmed so bad after a workout i thought it fell off or something, lol....