Serious help please.

PlanA999

Awards
Alright guys, I have had an issue with my chest for years. Its always been large, but no the proper shape, moobs if you will. Finally I am sick of it and I am looking for some advice. Not sure if its "gyno" or just store fat in my chest that give them a weird shape. I workout 5-6 times a week, don't do cardio very often. I am 5'7 165 lbs, put on about 10 lbs mostly muscle some fat over the past 9 months. Not accurate but if I had to guess in the 9-10 percent bf area. My chest workouts have changes several times over the years always attempting to acheive the flat square pec, most recently cut out all flat and decline presses and really concentrated on incline, did help build my upper chest but still the shape of my chest look like moobs, when I flex or after a workout when the blood is flowing they arent as bad but other than that I'm digusted. I had looked all over for advice etc...thought I could post and see if any of you that have seen this before could help me out. My diet is comming together as well as my cardio just wondering if there is anything else I can do. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright guys, I have had an issue with my chest for years. Its always been large, but no the proper shape, moobs if you will. Finally I am sick of it and I am looking for some advice. Not sure if its "gyno" or just store fat in my chest that give them a weird shape. I workout 5-6 times a week, don't do cardio very often. I am 5'7 165 lbs, put on about 10 lbs mostly muscle some fat over the past 9 months. Not accurate but if I had to guess in the 9-10 percent bf area. My chest workouts have changes several times over the years always attempting to acheive the flat square pec, most recently cut out all flat and decline presses and really concentrated on incline, did help build my upper chest but still the shape of my chest look like moobs, when I flex or after a workout when the blood is flowing they arent as bad but other than that I'm digusted. I had looked all over for advice etc...thought I could post and see if any of you that have seen this before could help me out. My diet is comming together as well as my cardio just wondering if there is anything else I can do. Any help is MUCH appreciated.
How long have you been training? I have a puffed up chest and not the traditional flat chest as you can see via my avi. Any reason why you are thinking its gyno? Males do store fat there easily but at 9-10% that's not really an issue. Every one has a different chest but I can try and help.
What's your calories at? If you've been training for close to a year straight a week off would help you grow more. Trust me on that one.

PlanA999

Awards
Im 25 been training for a few years now. Hard to say what my cals are at exactly, Im in Afghanistan so the food is pretty ****ty, only get 2 meals a day. For lunch I eat brown rice, tuna, shredded chicken, and whatever veg they have just mixed together with some hot sauce, eat the same but a smaller portion a few hours later with a protein shake. Dinner if I cant get any grilled chicken or turkey I have a similiar meal to my lunch, usually a shake or protein bar few hours after that then the gym, after gym glutamine, creatine, casein shake then bed. I def have a puffed out chest when I flex but when im not it looks saggy and I hate it. I didnt care much as Ive been trying to put on some lbs but now its almost time to come back to the states I want to lean out. Shape of your chest looks good man, and very lean if I could get something like that at my weight id be extatic.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im 25 been training for a few years now. Hard to say what my cals are at exactly, Im in Afghanistan so the food is pretty ****ty, only get 2 meals a day. For lunch I eat brown rice, tuna, shredded chicken, and whatever veg they have just mixed together with some hot sauce, eat the same but a smaller portion a few hours later with a protein shake. Dinner if I cant get any grilled chicken or turkey I have a similiar meal to my lunch, usually a shake or protein bar few hours after that then the gym, after gym glutamine, creatine, casein shake then bed. I def have a puffed out chest when I flex but when im not it looks saggy and I hate it. I didnt care much as Ive been trying to put on some lbs but now its almost time to come back to the states I want to lean out. Shape of your chest looks good man, and very lean if I could get something like that at my weight id be extatic.
Well it seems you need to concentrate on gaining rather than the shape of your chest. Don't dismiss flat bench and pull out some flys either cable or free weight. Dips are great for your lower pecs aswell as your triceps. Its a part of my chest routine for that very reason. If you think it is in fact bodyfat then cut for 3 to 4 weeks and see if the appearance changes

Moose45

Moose45

Awards
Well it seems you need to concentrate on gaining rather than the shape of your chest. Don't dismiss flat bench and pull out some flys either cable or free weight. Dips are great for your lower pecs aswell as your triceps. Its a part of my chest routine for that very reason. If you think it is in fact bodyfat then cut for 3 to 4 weeks and see if the appearance changes
^^^^ Agree with this approach. For the fly's def stick with cables. On the Dips lean Frwd hits the chest more!!

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It could be several issues. One I bet is that you're underestimating your body fat, and focusing on gaining muscle in the area then down the road cutting would resolve your concerns. Another possible issue is that it's postural, and you just have poor posture day-to-day and it's reflected by having a good chest when you flex but having a sagging chest when you're soft. I can push 16-18%bf (like I am now) and still have a great, full chest. I don't recommend ILS/ELS, but rather fix your posture if that's the issue.