A few questions regarding routines.

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.47%

A few questions regarding routines.

1. You folks rotate your exercises? Bench 1st one day and then later or last the next occasion?

Just using Bench press as an example here. I occasionally have to use the bench press much later in a workout because all the areas are in use. I notice there is a significant difference in weight I can move if begin with bench press rather than it is later in the workout and I have done a few other upper body movements in the meantine. Same with seated shoulder press, decline press, etc.

2. Do you alternate muscle groups in an routine?
    For example I will do a bench, then a tricep(opposite movement direction), then a shoulder movement, then back to a chest set and repeat the previous. Or do you do all chest, then tricep, then shoulders, etc? I fatigue less by allowing a few routines before stressing them again. Tend to use 80% 1RM.

Pardon it the above is basic. There are too many routines. I went old school with mine as I have it fairly well memorized regarding muscle groups worked.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.3%

Routines all depend on your goals! Push/Pull routines work for some the others will do chest/ bi's and back/ tri's. On here you will find a lot of advice to use proven routines like 5/3/1, 5x5, ect...... So no one routine is "The Best" or order of lifts in a routine! Figure out your goals and find a routine that works along those guidelines and there is a good chance of success!!! Good Luck!!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

for #1. i fukin hate it when i show up and the gym is ballsack packed and i have to wait for the right bench or rack. thats why i go at 7AM m/w/f. its still hella empty so no one is on my squat rack when i wanna curl

for #2. i do madcows 5x5 and have been for about 5 months straight. its basicly 3 exercises for 5 ramp sets and i leave. if the squat racks are taken, im fuked.

pick a good proven routine and stay with it instead of switchin **** around too much. and you might wanna experiment with earlier or later times if you can. that way you an fidn a less packed time to go
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  151 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Moose45 View Post
    Routines all depend on your goals! Push/Pull routines work for some the others will do chest/ bi's and back/ tri's. On here you will find a lot of advice to use proven routines like 5/3/1, 5x5, ect...... So no one routine is "The Best" or order of lifts in a routine! Figure out your goals and find a routine that works along those guidelines and there is a good chance of success!!! Good Luck!!
    This pretty much sums it up.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Final few questions regarding PCT if anyone has time (H-Drol cycle)
    By Mass Monkey in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 08:19 PM
  2. a few quick questions regarding cutting!
    By ackbrah in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 09:08 AM
  3. A few questions regarding potential cycles
    By alvin1 in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 09:21 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 02:45 PM
  5. few questions regarding IGF...
    By spoofy in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4