Bicep Help!!

Bbbigtime

Bbbigtime

Awards
Any tips for gaining strength & size for biceps? I've been lifting for 3 months now & I've made a lot of strength gains in all my other muscles, except biceps. Is their a good exercise to do to help my problem? Please & Thanks!

Mp859

Mp859

Awards
Any tips for gaining strength & size for biceps? I've been lifting for 3 months now & I've made a lot of strength gains in all my other muscles, except biceps. Is their a good exercise to do to help my problem? Please & Thanks!
I feel like my biceps dot grow as much if I do isolating workouts mine grow more from compound movements

At least my experience

pmdied

Awards
I just went back to chin ups with weight. Biceps and overall arm development increased with little direct bicep work. Give chin ups 6-8 weeks and you'll see a difference; once you can do 3 sets of 12-15 start adding weight .

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dead lifts, farmers walks, close grip bent over barbell rows.

Bbbigtime

Bbbigtime

Awards
Thanks for all your tips & advice. I really appreciate it, I definitely have a lot to learn yet.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rows I get

Pullin as in pull downs? close grip, wide grip, reverse grip etc.

Seriously Bicep curls, dumb bell curls, preacher curls are wastes of time?

Moose45

Moose45

Awards
Rows I get

Any grip!!!

Not always a waste but U will see good size gains in any of the compound moves mentioned.

pmdied

Awards
Rows I get

I wouldn't say they're a waste of time but since I put rowing as a greater priority, my biceps have grown significantly larger in a shorter period of time. I will still do a curling movement but I expend a greater deal of my energy and focus on pulls, especially weighted chin ups.

Mp859

Mp859

Awards
Rows I get

You don't want to over work our biceps with isolated workouts it will stunt them

I usually so like some sets of preacher curls and then the rest is all compound movements

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
I've got the biggest arms in my gym, yet I haven't curled in decades. Work your back hard and your biceps will grow.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday I replaced concentration and hammer curls with three different types of rows and certainly do feel the difference this morning. Generally feel tight but not soreness. Today it is soreness. Will incorporate these changes for the next three months and see how things develop.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep in mind that soreness is not necessarily a sole indicator of a good workout.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Understood. Has been a long instance since I was sore. Just tightness afterwards. I thought it was due to the additional work done. Probably still learning good form. I will write back next Tuesday when I do this group again.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, your bis aren't going to get any bigger unless you're taking in the calories to make yourself grow.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Train back and biceps together. Back /compound movements ( hits your biceps too)first aka rows and pull ups/pull down machine first then do the isolation exercises like curls ect. Remember also to train all of your bicep not just straight curls. Hammer curls and 21s are 2 great isolation exercises that when used together train both parts of the bicep.
Reverse curls are also great.

You're a new trainee so give your body time to grow. Give it plenty of food and rest and you'll look better than me someday haha