R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys,

i had this log going on in the supp section b/c im taking Versa, C20, Erase, Forskolin 95 and jack3d micro. I am almost done with Versa but still have the rest going. I am changing the location b/c I want to spend more time commenting/chatting about training, form, physique and more rather than supplements. I finished DC training about 2 weeks ago. Here are my lifts from Friday (last update in the previous location in supp section)

4/5

Friday I did chest and biceps with some cardio after. had a great workout. micro is still the perfect stim for me right now. wanna give it a try without Versa 1. I wanna see if that "focus" really is Versa 1 or a placebo. I have a few days left of Versa so once i am out, I will take micro without it (obviously) and note any changes or the lack thereof.

Chest
1.) BB Bench - 245x6 250x4 255x2
2.) Incline Machine - 210x12 225x10 255x8
3.) Flys - 2 sets 20 reps, then 10 reps

Biceps
1.) Preacher Curl Machine - 90x12 100x7 110x4
2.) DB Curl - 30x12 35x10 40x8 (my biceps were shot from heavy preachers)
3.) EZ Bar Close Grip Curl - 21s with 50

had a great pump, vascularity is through the roof

As you can see, im starting to transition from DC to a routine thats a little higher in volume. My diet is a clean bulk but I am doing some cardio and taking those supps to keep fat minimal. I am lifting very low reps on my first exercise of said body part. Ive always loved to do this. When i lift low reps throughout my whole workout, it kills my joints so I only do it with one workout for each body part (usually thr first one).

I lift Mon/Wed/Fri -

Monday - Back/Tri
Wed - Legs/Shoulders
Fri - Chest/Bi

I will start to incorporate some form of cardio after every lift whether it is boxing, stair running, football drills, swimming...etc but not for very long. Usually short and intense. I am getting in shape for HIIT for my cardio for my cut coming up.

I would love to get feedback from you guys as you start to see what Im lifting and how I am doing it. Thanks guys and look forward to talking to you all.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in for this R1. :cool:

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Subd any noticeable gains from versa bud??

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only thing ive noticed from this stack (second time taking it) is increased vascularity, a little leaner

4/8

Back
Lat Pulldown - 145x6 160x4 175x2
V Bar Seated Row - 165x6 180x4 195x2
Pull up - close grip - 3 sets body weight
Rope Pulls - 2 sets 20 reps, 15 reps as fast as i can

Triceps
Close Grip Bench - 185x6 205x4 225x2
Tricep Rope Ext - 42.6x6 50x4 57.5x2
Dips -180x12 230x10 260x8

really good workout, felt great. i went lower in reps more than normal because i wasnt into it today and wanted to leave lol was very tired entering the gym and that feeling started to leave as i was walking out of the gym. higher volume felt great

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as of now, i have about 3 days left on Versa 1, about a week (maybe more) on Compound 20, 2-3 weeks left on Erase, and I will be using Forskolin 95 for 3 months or so at 50mg's. been on it for about 2 weeks. I am trying to gain as much muscle as i can as well as staying lean so it makes my cut that much easier. I usually only hardcore cut for 2-3 weeks as i cut very easy so I wont be using any supps except forskolin 95. Ill get more into my cardio routine for cutting when the time comes. right now, focusing on LBM. gonna be sore tomorrow, i can already tell. really love high(er) volume

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/10

Today was my "power lifting" day. I mainly do legs and shoulders but focus on compound lifts and going heavy. I forgot to jot down my numbers but here is what I did

Calf Raises - DC

Straight Leg Deads - 3 sets 8,6,4

Leg Press - Window Maker

Deadlifts - 2 sets (with 2 warmups) 6,3

I have no clue what these are called, so help me out here. I have the bar in a position as If i am doing a Front Squat. I squat down then come back up and shoulder press it.

Whatever they are called - 3 sets 10,7,4

Machine Shoulder Press - 3 sets 12,8,4

Arnold Press - 2 sets 15, 10

Cable Side Raises - 1 set 20 reps

Reverse Fly's - 3 sets 15,11,7

Killed my shoulders today!!! felt great. energy was high throughout the workout. Super tired now, but well worth it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
New R1 log?!?!? I'm in!
just moved it as i am seeking suggestions/feedback on training for my goals. still taking the stack though but Versa is just about over. still have some C20, Erase, Forskolin left. plenty of jack3d micro and muscle marinade. ive been taking alot of supps lately and is making me go back and forth with the idea of adding in anabeta once Versa is done.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just moved it as i am seeking suggestions/feedback on training for my goals. still taking the stack though but Versa is just about over. still have some C20, Erase, Forskolin left. plenty of jack3d micro and muscle marinade. ive been taking alot of supps lately and is making me go back and forth with the idea of adding in anabeta once Versa is done.
Well, I'm here to help and whatever you decide I'm anxious to follow!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My pre bed meal :D

564647_10200524582533241_106551974_n.jpg

loaded baked potato, smoked turkey and swiss and a side of green beans. yummm

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks delicious man. I haven't had a potato like that in a while.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed man.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im wanting to keep it somewhat high volume, low - mid rep range with some power lifts in the mix of low reps. what would you guys do? just trying to get perspective and see how far off/how close i am. i know everybody is different, just wanna get some thoughts

Monday - Back/Triceps
Wed - Legs/Shoulders
Fri - Chest/Biceps

my goals are to build muscle but not accumulate too much body fat. thats why im taking "cutting" supplements but eating like im on a clean bulk. what you guys think?

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Well if that's whats working for you.. Continue doing it. But if u feel like you haven't seen results for a while, maybe change it up a bit
Me personally I like to do highrep(lighter) for a few weeks then switch to a low rep range(heavy) .. And switch up intensities/rest periods on certain days of the week depending on how I feel

Ever tried P/RR/S ??

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well if that's whats working for you.. Continue doing it. But if u feel like you haven't seen results for a while, maybe change it up a bit
Me personally I like to do highrep(lighter) for a few weeks then switch to a low rep range(heavy) .. And switch up intensities/rest periods on certain days of the week depending on how I feel

Ever tried P/RR/S ??
this is my first time going really heavy on most of my lifts. i usually only go heavy on my first lift then 8-12 reps for the rest. occasionally go high rep for a change of pace. also rotate with 5x5 and DC. HIIT is my cutting routine but that doesnt last long since i cut fast from diet alone.

i dont even know what P/RR/S is lol

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out mountain dog training. If your interested I can send you some links. DW and breezy got me started on it.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
this is my first time going really heavy on most of my lifts. i usually only go heavy on my first lift then 8-12 reps for the rest. occasionally go high rep for a change of pace. also rotate with 5x5 and DC. HIIT is my cutting routine but that doesnt last long since i cut fast from diet alone.

i dont even know what P/RR/S is lol
Well it's basically split into a Power week/Rep range week/shock week

Something like how I did with heavy weights, then light, then a shock week where you would do supersets drop sets and other crazy sht lol give it a try .. Ima drop my 531 program next week to try this so I can start cutting for summer

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that def sounds like something i would love. may start it Monday

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Yes I was going to suggest MD training but I know with your schedule, 3 days/week works for you. I will advise to try it when your schedule allows for more time to train. I'm hooked on it.

I was just suggested to look into prrs as well and it def looks intriguing.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I was going to suggest MD training but I know with your schedule, 3 days/week works for you. I will advise to try it when your schedule allows for more time to train. I'm hooked on it.

I was just suggested to look into prrs as well and it def looks intriguing.
multi quote button has been messed up off and on for a while now so sorry about replying to both of u in separate replies. Starting in May, ill be able to lift 4 days a week until August so I will look into it. Im not very knowledgeable on the various routines. Normally, I will do body splits but always change the reps, do super sets, change the format, rotate with DC...etc so thanks for helping

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol there's a few threads here.. Just don't know how to put the thread into this message on my phone. Look it up tho.. Maybe google it?? Lol

Edit: here's this guys that I'm subbed to.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219845.

And here's the actual routine set up
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217588

thanks man. ill look on those links. not sure if I will follow them 100% because i know what lifts i respond best to but i love the routine's theory

aceroni

Awards
Id agree prrs and md are both great routines. If you're thinking more strength, try 5/3/1

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Baller I will send the MD links via pm so you can look over them :)

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Subbed!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mtn. Dog is definitely worth checking out, but doesn't really include the "heavy" low rep work that you're looking for. However, I've always preferred low rep as well and loved the change of pace with MD.

aceroni

Awards
Mtn. Dog is definitely worth checking out, but doesn't really include the "heavy" low rep work that you're looking for. However, I've always preferred low rep as well and loved the change of pace with MD.
During the second phase he also says you can include band and chain work, progressively adding more tension until you get to the third phase

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
During the second phase he also says you can include band and chain work, progressively adding more tension until you get to the third phase
Yeah, the intensity goes up, but it still isn't the lower rep work R1 wanted to include. I'd suggest that he considers it anyways.

PRRS sounds like a great option as well.

aceroni

Awards
Yeah, the intensity goes up, but it still isn't the lower rep work R1 wanted to include. I'd suggest that he considers it anyways.

Yeah I'd agree, it's more focused on volume, but you gotta keep the reps fairly low if actually using all that chain or band tension

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Id agree prrs and md are both great routines. If you're thinking more strength, try 5/3/1
could care less about strength to be honest. yeah, im one of those guys haha

Baller I will send the MD links via pm so you can look over them :)
thanks man

The reason I want low rep is because i havent done it in so long and want to change it up. been on high volume, 8-12 reps then went to DC.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tomorrow is gonna be a long day. gotta get up at 3am, will get home around 2:30 then hopefully take a nap then hit the gym then study. Im gonna start that P/RR/S tomorrow hopefully. if not, i will at least go really heavy on everything. just figured whats a better day to start that than chest and biceps day!

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
tomorrow is gonna be a long day. gotta get up at 3am, will get home around 2:30 then hopefully take a nap then hit the gym then study. Im gonna start that P/RR/S tomorrow hopefully. if not, i will at least go really heavy on everything. just figured whats a better day to start that than chest and biceps day!
PRRS it is, kill it mang

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I'm in on this sh*t to learn. Keep at it man kill it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In!

MD training has my vote; I don't do it but i'll start after my 1 year on 5/3/1 is up.

aceroni

Awards
In!

MD training has my vote; I don't do it but i'll start after my 1 year on 5/3/1 is up.
How much has a year on 5/3/1 improved your totals?
Did you still find time for accessory hypertrophy stuff or would that interfere with building strength

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
could care less about strength to be honest. yeah, im one of those guys haha
Don't let people get in your head to much about this my man I can assure you small weights can build huge muscle when you target properly & let the intended muscle do the work. You will get great definition this way as well, after all you are not trying to win a strong man. How many guys on here have injuries trying to be "that guy" at the gym or copy an old Cell-Tech ad

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In in in!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
How much has a year on 5/3/1 improved your totals?
Did you still find time for accessory hypertrophy stuff or would that interfere with building strength
My 1rms have gone up quite a bit; even for just 6 months. But it is slow progress as you only increase lifts once per month (including deload week). Its good, steady progress, just tediously slow but the ability to program in my accessory work the way I want is a bonus.

I must mention that I bastardized the accessory work for my own goals and so my gains will vary based on how well I programmed it. If you follow the program as it is written and its recommended accessory work then expect good strength gains

aceroni

Awards
Don't let people get in your head to much about this my man I can assure you small weights can build huge muscle when you target properly & let the intended muscle do the work. You will get great definition this way as well, after all you are not trying to win a strong man. How many guys on here have injuries trying to be "that guy" at the gym or copy an old Cell-Tech ad
I agree but if you're getting stronger you're getting bigger.