R1 is hitting it hard before its shredding time - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

R1 is hitting it hard before its shredding time

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I'm in on this sh*t to learn. Keep at it man kill it.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

In!

MD training has my vote; I don't do it but i'll start after my 1 year on 5/3/1 is up.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    In!

MD training has my vote; I don't do it but i'll start after my 1 year on 5/3/1 is up.
    How much has a year on 5/3/1 improved your totals?
    Did you still find time for accessory hypertrophy stuff or would that interfere with building strength
    •   

4. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    could care less about strength to be honest. yeah, im one of those guys haha
    Don't let people get in your head to much about this my man I can assure you small weights can build huge muscle when you target properly & let the intended muscle do the work. You will get great definition this way as well, after all you are not trying to win a strong man. How many guys on here have injuries trying to be "that guy" at the gym or copy an old Cell-Tech ad
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

In in in!
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

usplabsdirect.com
  6. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post
    In in in!
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! When Classic says In in in!.........you know you are on your way!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! When Classic says In in in!.........you know you are on your way!
    It means I'm triply excited to follow along.

usplabsdirect.com
  8. New Member

It means I'm triply excited to follow along.
    I know that!!! What else would it lol
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    How much has a year on 5/3/1 improved your totals?
    Did you still find time for accessory hypertrophy stuff or would that interfere with building strength
    My 1rms have gone up quite a bit; even for just 6 months. But it is slow progress as you only increase lifts once per month (including deload week). Its good, steady progress, just tediously slow but the ability to program in my accessory work the way I want is a bonus.

I must mention that I bastardized the accessory work for my own goals and so my gains will vary based on how well I programmed it. If you follow the program as it is written and its recommended accessory work then expect good strength gains
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post

Don't let people get in your head to much about this my man I can assure you small weights can build huge muscle when you target properly & let the intended muscle do the work. You will get great definition this way as well, after all you are not trying to win a strong man. How many guys on here have injuries trying to be "that guy" at the gym or copy an old Cell-Tech ad
    I agree but if you're getting stronger you're getting bigger.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Friday 4/12

I tried to follow the theory of the routine as best as i can so dont jump on me all at once! i did 4 second negatives on every lift

Chest
    BB Bench - 225x6 235x4 245x2
    Incline Machine - (couldnt do DB) - 240x6 255x4 270x2
    Flys - 1 set of 20 reps with 4 sec negatives to get a really good stretch

Biceps
    BB Curl - 65x6 75x4 85x2 -----hard to do these with 4 sec negs and perfect form!
    Preacher - 45x6 55x4 65x2

I couldnt do my last exercise of biceps cause I had to leave. had plans already. Had a solid workout despite waking up at 3am. Really couldnt tell a difference without Versa 1. I know many people love the stuff, but after running it twice and seeing the results, i wont be using it anymore. not a knock on the product, just not for me. Im thinking the first bottle was placebo idk maybe not but the second bottle, i didnt see the same (placebo or not) effects from it.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

4/13

Today my chest is super super sore. love it though!! thanks for the workout suggestion guys! i know i may not be following it exactly but i like the idea of the whole thing so I am going to modify it (like i did Friday) to fit what i want. Starting monday will be the first full week on it. just wanted to get a taste of it on friday

13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Gonna nail back and triceps today. Super excited. Got a lot of rest this weekend so I'm feeling refreshed as ever

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

Ah yes the soreness that comes from a totally new lifting routine...nothing quite compares.

usplabsdirect.com
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

4/15

Today was back and triceps. i do a little more volume here because i feel the bigger your triceps are, the bigger your arms are. and your back can never get too big!

Back
    BB Row - 225x6 235x4 245x2

Wide Grip Seated Row - 135x6 150x4 165x2

T Bar Row - 90x6 100x4 110x2

Rope Pull - 3 sets 6,4,2

Machine Lat Pulldown - 230x6 250x4 270x2

Triceps
    Reverse Grip Bench - 225x6 235x4 245x2

Dips (Machine) - 180x6 230x4 270x2

Straight Bar Push Down - 3 sets 6,4,2

Rope Extensions - 3 sets 6,4,2

The weight for back *for machine work* doesnt include the machine weight. You add your own weights (plates, 25,10...etc) so i only count that weight.

Had a great workout. Just have one question for you all. When you do BB Row, where is the bar hitting you? chest? upper abdomen? right above the waist line?

16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

4/15

Today was back and triceps. i do a little more volume here because i feel the bigger your triceps are, the bigger your arms are. and your back can never get too big!

Back

Rope Pull - 3 sets 6,4,2

Triceps

The weight for back *for machine work* doesnt include the machine weight. You add your own weights (plates, 25,10...etc) so i only count that weight.

Had a great workout. Just have one question for you all. When you do BB Row, where is the bar hitting you? chest? upper abdomen? right above the waist line?
    Nice work man.. Numbers lookin good.
    To ur question.. I like to get a close grip(shoulder width) and bring it up to belly button and bring it down to midshin level for a full rom(hits my lower lats pretty decent)
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post
    Nice work man.. Numbers lookin good.
    To ur question.. I like to get a close grip(shoulder width) and bring it up to belly button and bring it down to midshin level for a full rom(hits my lower lats pretty decent)
    thanks man. on most back lifts i cant really go all out because of my chiropractor's restrictions for that. he just now let me do deadlifts and squats but cant go heavy on those either. add 10 pounds each week...etc.

yeah thats where im bringing it to, but i feel a such better workout when i go lighter and bring it up higher.

18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

4/15

Back

Rope Pull - 3 sets 6,4,2

Triceps

To also answer your question, the bar can be pulled to different areas to use different musculature.
    If you are at ninety degrees with the floor and keep your elbows flared at 90 with body and bring it to your nips or higher will HAMMER the upper back
    those are called Pendlay rows and I love them.

If you're closer to 45 with the floor, I like to pull the bar up my thigh and pull it into my belly button or lower. This hits the lats more and upper back less. I believe people call them Yates rows.

Play around with your angles and grips and end positions to find what works best for you
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

To also answer your question, the bar can be pulled to different areas to use different musculature.
    If you are at ninety degrees with the floor and keep your elbows flared at 90 with body and bring it to your nips or higher will HAMMER the upper back
    those are called Pendlay rows and I love them.

If you're closer to 45 with the floor, I like to pull the bar up my thigh and pull it into my belly button or lower. This hits the lats more and upper back less. I believe people call them Yates rows.

Play around with your angles and grips and end positions to find what works best for you
    actually, i may have done both....the BB row im doing Yates style but with T Bar Row (i know, different exercise), i am bringing it up to my chest getting my upper back more work. I thought doing T Bar's today was a waste of time (my gf's sister wanted to do them..i train her) but i guess it wasnt a waste of time!

Im loving the feedback guys, keep at it! thank you all so much.

20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

actually, i may have done both....the BB row im doing Yates style but with T Bar Row (i know, different exercise), i am bringing it up to my chest getting my upper back more work. I thought doing T Bar's today was a waste of time (my gf's sister wanted to do them..i train her) but i guess it wasnt a waste of time!

Im loving the feedback guys, keep at it! thank you all so much.
    No problem man. I love good tbar rows. I like doing them like you described but that works the back a bit differently than pendlays..definitely do both.
    Unfortunately, my gym doesn't have one. , although my old gym had one it was garbage.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

I agree with everyone else that there are tons of different ways to do rows. There's no set answer. I think that as long as you are feeling it in the area that you intend to hit then you're doing something right.

usplabsdirect.com
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

I agree with everyone else that there are tons of different ways to do rows. There's no set answer. I think that as long as you are feeling it in the area that you intend to hit then you're doing something right.
    I agree.

The more you row the more you grow
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

No problem man. I love good tbar rows. I like doing them like you described but that works the back a bit differently than pendlays..definitely do both.
    Unfortunately, my gym doesn't have one. , although my old gym had one it was garbage.
    doesnt have what? t bar? just do it with the straight bar attachment for the cable machines under the Olympic bar. or v bar

24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

doesnt have what? t bar? just do it with the straight bar attachment for the cable machines under the Olympic bar. or v bar
    Or an Olympic bar in the corner with a DB sitting on it.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  25. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

In. Caught up an everything . Hope you enjoy PRRS as much as I do.
  26. New Member

The more you row the more you grow
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Today my back isnt even very sore. I know soreness = effectiveness, just throwing that out there. I felt like i blasted back. compared to chest day, my chest was shot. back just feels tight but ill get in the hot tub tonight for about 45 min to get it ready for my "powerlifting" day tomorrow.

edit: side note on supplements. Versa is gone, Erase is gone. I am now only using (other than my staples) Compound 20 and Forskolin 95. have about a week left on C20.

28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Today my back isnt even very sore. I know soreness = effectiveness, just throwing that out there. I felt like i blasted back. compared to chest day, my chest was shot. back just feels tight but ill get in the hot tub tonight for about 45 min to get it ready for my "powerlifting" day tomorrow.

edit: side note on supplements. Versa is gone, Erase is gone. I am now only using (other than my staples) Compound 20 and Forskolin 95. have about a week left on C20.
    U put the negatives in?? Ever since I started doing 2-4 sec negatives on my back routine.. With extra emphasis on the stretch . I've been getting DOMs allday eryday lol n that really helped me put my mind to muscle while Doing it
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Did you mean soreness doesn't equal effectiveness? I wouldn't be too concerned about a lack of DOMS. I can have some highly effective workouts with very minimal to no soreness in the days that follow.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

Did you mean soreness doesn't equal effectiveness? I wouldn't be too concerned about a lack of DOMS. I can have some highly effective workouts with very minimal to no soreness in the days that follow.
    Def agree here. Sore doesn't always = effectiveness.
    Independent
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

Def agree here. Sore doesn't always = effectiveness.
    Hmm hopefully sometimes it does cuz I did legs Sunday and its still a struggle to sit down and get back up
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

Hmm hopefully sometimes it does cuz I did legs Sunday and its still a struggle to sit down and get back up
    I agree my legs always get hella sore, I just meant just cuz you're not sore doesn't mean it wasn't a great workout. My chest and shoulders hardly ever get sore.
    Independent
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

I agree my legs always get hella sore, I just meant just cuz you're not sore doesn't mean it wasn't a great workout. My chest and shoulders hardly ever get sore.
    Ha I know bud I agree too. I was just messin with ya. My shoulders/arms hardly ever get sore but my chest and legs get doms every week seems like.
    Purus labs Rep
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Ha I know bud I agree too. I was just messin with ya. My shoulders/arms hardly ever get sore but my chest and legs get doms every week seems like.
    Same here man.. But what I've noticed is when I do low volume heavy weight.. That's when I'll feel sore.. But when all I do is high volume lightweights.. I never get sore from that.. Maybe I don't damage enough fibers with the lighter weights?
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Same here man.. But what I've noticed is when I do low volume heavy weight.. That's when I'll feel sore.. But when all I do is high volume lightweights.. I never get sore from that.. Maybe I don't damage enough fibers with the lighter weights?
    The body adapts very well to what we put it through. That's why I like the idea of switching things up every so often (even if its something little).
    Independent
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

U put the negatives in?? Ever since I started doing 2-4 sec negatives on my back routine.. With extra emphasis on the stretch . I've been getting DOMs allday eryday lol n that really helped me put my mind to muscle while Doing it
    always do negatives with this routine, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    yes. and im not concerned, was just throwing my thoughts out

legs are always sore no matter what routine i do lol

37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

4/17 - Wednesday

Today was my "powerlifting" day. Kept it low rep but did more compound lifts with a few accessory lifts mixed in between.

started with DC legs

Calf Raises (seated) - 70

Hamstring pull - 3 sets DC

Leg Press - window maker with 360 - slowly working my legs back

Deadlift (sumo)- 225x5 285x3 315x1 - felt great to finally go a little heavier on deads

front squat/ shoulder press (still have no clue what these are called) - 70x6 80x4 95x2

Side Raises - 3 sets reps 8-12

38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

39. Elite Member

Nice numbers.

I think it is just called BB Front Squat to Press.
  40. New Member

Keep it up! Very inspiring!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Skunkman Hits It Hard and Fast
    By skunkman in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 08:14 PM
  3. Is it hard to follow a strict diet in college?
    By Rah22491 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 07:03 PM