Something that's been on my mind since day one.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyappetite View Post

Yeah intra workout BCAA'S have been a staple for me since day one. However as of late I've been keeping my sessions nice and heavy for 45min to an hour.
    There's nothing wrong with that.

Just make sure you're not slacking on your prehab /rehab /warmups, especially if you're training heavy.

Oh and kinda related to this and your original post, if you're only in the gym 1hr and are doing cardio after you could just do your shake after cardio..
    You'll be fine

Drinking carbs before post workout cardio kind of defeats the purpose.
    I personally like to do my cardio first thing after waking, drink some bcaas and Glu, then do cardio, then home, big breakfast, and weights after that.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Everyone has their own protocol, i'm just showing that there is method to my madness. I'm allowed to be pedantic over this stuff because my job revolves around it
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.16%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Everyone has their own protocol, i'm just showing that there is method to my madness. I'm allowed to be pedantic over this stuff because my job revolves around it
    I love it bro. This is the **** i enjoy reading. Don't stop... Fill me in on anything you got!!!
    Currently using... ALRI - Humapro, Bioflex - Hydroflex HWPI, Bioflex - Jointz, Bioflex - Biogreens, Athletic Xtreme - Hard FX, Infinite Labs - Juggernaut HP, Finaflex - Max Pump, BPS - Vanillean, ALRI - Lipotherm, Swisse - Fish Oils.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.16%

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

There's nothing wrong with that.

Just make sure you're not slacking on your prehab /rehab /warmups, especially if you're training heavy.

Oh and kinda related to this and your original post, if you're only in the gym 1hr and are doing cardio after you could just do your shake after cardio..
    You'll be fine

Drinking carbs before post workout cardio kind of defeats the purpose.
    I personally like to do my cardio first thing after waking, drink some bcaas and Glu, then do cardio, then home, big breakfast, and weights after that.
    I usually do 5 warmup sets with my first exercise to get it going so i think im sweet.
    To be honest i haven't done proper cardio in three weeks lol.

I've got a treadmill downstairs but i never use it. I used to do cardio on waking but now i start 7 30 and im up at 5 30 so no chance now.

Im in, smash it, shake and then out! Seen great gains in strength and size in the last 6 weeks because its the first time ive adopted the heavier lifts. I've gone from dumbbell pressing 35kg db's for 12 to 45kg for 6.
    Currently using... ALRI - Humapro, Bioflex - Hydroflex HWPI, Bioflex - Jointz, Bioflex - Biogreens, Athletic Xtreme - Hard FX, Infinite Labs - Juggernaut HP, Finaflex - Max Pump, BPS - Vanillean, ALRI - Lipotherm, Swisse - Fish Oils.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyappetite View Post

I usually do 5 warmup sets with my first exercise to get it going so i think im sweet.
    To be honest i haven't done proper cardio in three weeks lol.

I've got a treadmill downstairs but i never use it. I used to do cardio on waking but now i start 7 30 and im up at 5 30 so no chance now.

Im in, smash it, shake and then out! Seen great gains in strength and size in the last 6 weeks because its the first time ive adopted the heavier lifts. I've gone from dumbbell pressing 35kg db's for 12 to 45kg for 6.
    I'll try to get back on later to post links but look up shoulder circuit mobility and lower body mobility. You will be glad you did
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.16%

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

I'll try to get back on later to post links but look up shoulder circuit mobility and lower body mobility. You will be glad you did
    Ok ill see what i can find. Cheers.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 263
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 07:56 PM
  2. over training on my new 3 day?
    By iballmike24 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 02:31 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 12:49 AM
  4. ? i been on my cycle for 4 weeks now
    By bigrich954rr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10