Left arm and right leg weaker

IFBBound

IFBBound

Awards
When doing dumbbell curls I can get more reps out of my stronger arm and when pushing myself I end up being able to get the weight on the right up but fail quicker on the left. I began doing 10 rep set for example, stop at ten, then do 2-4 more reps with the weaker arm to try to "catch up" that side of my body. Recently a friend told me to keep the reps the same but do a slower negative with the weaker arm. Seems like good advice.
Now the same problem when I lunge. One leg can do more oddly enought the right leg is weaker.
What do you guys think, and what different methods would you do to help this situation? I'm sure many of you are in the same boat as I.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Have you tried rep matching?

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
So, use your stronger arm and pick up a 20-30lb DB and rep out as many curls or shoulder presses or whatever exercise you're weak on as you can until fatigue. Then switch arms to your weaker one and match the # of reps as you did on your stronger arm. Don't stop till you hit that # of reps.

IFBBound

IFBBound

Awards
So, use your stronger arm and pick up a 20-30lb DB and rep out as many curls or shoulder presses or whatever exercise you're weak on as you can until fatigue. Then switch arms to your weaker one and match the # of reps as you did on your stronger arm. Don't stop till you hit that # of reps.
I call that a normal set. No pun intended.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
It's a little different. The whole idea is to use a bit lighter weight that usual and go to total fatigue. It's a technique used to fix imbalances in symmetry or strength. It's a different feeling than using heavy weight to exhaustion.

IFBBound

IFBBound

Awards
It's a little different. The whole idea is to use a bit lighter weight that usual and go to total fatigue. It's a technique used to fix imbalances in symmetry or strength. It's a different feeling than using heavy weight to exhaustion.
Ahh now I More so understand what u mean. Thanks for the input, ill try giving that a shot.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What if you work the weaker sides first, then go to the stronger side?
Does your ratio still stay the same?

That said, I would guess one will always have a stronger and or weaker side in some ways.