training hard

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

training hard

I always like to train heavy all the time I have just changed up my routine to
    Mon chest /back
    tues legs
    wed shoulders
    thurs arms
    fri chest/back
    sat legs
    sun off

as i said always pushing that heavy iron do you think I am going to over train, I have been using this routine for a month now and feeling mad and strong thorughts
    C

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

are you getting proper rest and nutrition? a month of heavy lifting wont cause over training. not a fan of your routine though
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Seems pretty hardcore to me, but if you're feeling good stock with it. If your body reacts negatively, then back off a bit.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Define "heavy," what % of 1rm?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

A lot goes into reaching a state of over training. Training a body part twice a week won't get you there by default. There are other considerations such as volume, relative intensity, rest, nutrition, etc. I would wager you're not close but we'd need much more info to determine the liklihood
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by craig jones View Post
    as i said always pushing that heavy iron do you think I am going to over train, I have been using this routine for a month now and feeling mad and strong thorughts
    I have to ask if you are reasonably new to this!?, (and that is not a dig or any kind of sarcastic comment at all) as you would probably know more about ups and downs, hitting plateaus and or getting beat up some, if you were more experienced.
    An actual overtrained state can be hard to recover from. It can have effects on the physical body and CNS that just have it not recovering and or changing the physical/mental states ie: anything from low moods depression, to colds, or flu more often, higher blood pressure loss of appetite, sleeplessness, loss of libido etc. etc.

Most routines/programs have "cycles' in which you start out with quite manageable weights, while building over time/weeks/months with more weight and intensity, to peak out with greater strength & mass at the end of the cycle. Afterwards take a break, do some lighter work and regroup to another cycle/program. This is why it is not always wise making up your own routines as they are not as prosperous as using a proven written one.
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Honestly, without seeing what % of 1rm you are using, how many reps and how many sets, nobody can even guess if there is the potential for overtraining. But even a 6 day split isn't anything special or exceptionally taxing by itself. Arm day is just about like a day off, you are only working a tiny % of your lean mass that day.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Honestly, without seeing what % of 1rm you are using, how many reps and how many sets, nobody can even guess if there is the potential for overtraining. But even a 6 day split isn't anything special or exceptionally taxing by itself. Arm day is just about like a day off, you are only working a tiny % of your lean mass that day.
    what's arm day? Back or chest? Lol
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Absolutely this x 10000. Without knowing volume, level of previous experience, time in a given program, when your last deload was and so on; it would all be a guess.

Imagine if I posted this, for example (An example routine):

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Chest
    Wednesday: Chest
    Thursday: Chest
    Friday: Chest
    Saturday: Chest
    Sunday: Biceps

and then asked someone to tell me if I was overtraining or not. If people said yes, how would they know? Maybe my chest routine was only 3 pushups per day. In that case, that routine would not cause overtraining or in fact wouldn't qualify as training at all.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. B4 & After 4 months of hard training
    By josebalius in forum Pics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:05 PM
  2. New job is making me have a hard time training
    By madds87 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 07:57 AM
  3. Marathon hopeful, 101-year-old , training hard
    By RedwolfWV in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
  4. whats your favorite muscle to train?
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 10:11 PM
  5. Should a female train legs hard or not?
    By TheUsual in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:44 PM