Crossfit versus Wendle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Crossfit versus Wendle


    So what's the difference between crossfit and Wendle 5/3/1 powerlifting strength plan?
    klajsd;flksaj;faksj;faksdf


  2. Everything?
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Everything?
    HAHA that was EXACTLY what I thought to myself when I read this. With that said crossfit is a pretty broad term. Really depends on the programming. Pretty much most of the time I would go with Wendler's 5/3/1 over crossfit.

  4. Yeah that's a rather odd comparison. Wendler is used for strength and power in specific lifts, whereas CF is an overall athleticism and fitness program.
    What are your goals?

  5. Yea well my goals is to be fit but strong too, so i do a lot of running an pull-ups push-ups but I have bad knees and those one legged squats are for *******s.
    klajsd;flksaj;faksj;faksdf
    •   
       


  6. My goal is to be Better than everyone at everything
    klajsd;flksaj;faksj;faksdf

  7. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    My goal is to be Better than everyone at everything
    Then crossfit is not for you. (On that note, nothing is.)

    Crossfit is for the lifter that wants to be average or slightly above average at many aspects of fitness (while excelling in injury)

    Its about specificity, pick a few aspects if fitness that are most important and train for the development of those skills.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    My goal is to be Better than everyone at everything
    Well alrighty then....not a bad goal. I do a decent amount of CF, it helps a lot with muscular endurance and athleticism. At my particular gym, we also use the Wendler method for those of us looking more strength and size route. I would say if you have a decent cardio routine, then just stick to Wendler or other strength programs, and just keep up your cardio.
    If you are lacking a decent cardio routine, the definitely give CF a try. If you find a good gym, and do research on good form, it can have great benefits.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    My goal is to be Better than everyone at everything
    This isn't physically possible. Everything is in a continuum and excellence at one thing often comes at the expense of something else.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  10. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This isn't physically possible. Everything is in a continuum and excellence at one thing often comes at the expense of something else.
    Ha, this. And if your not sure what the differences between the 5/3/1 powerlifting template and CrossFit, then you have a long way to go

  11. I would suggest starting with 5/3/1 for a few cycles and then transition into WS4SB

    Your will gain strength and athleticism which seem to be your overall goal

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  12. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    My goal is to be Better than everyone at everything
    this makes you perfect for crossfit. pretty pathetic mentality in my opinion, especially for someone that "cant squat due to bad knees." crossfit will fit you perfect. a lot of them are competition based so youd have plenty of oppurtunity to show off your amazingness and get hurt doing so

  13. I'm gonna give the OP the benefit of the doubt here and hope that he was joking about the "better than everyone" comment.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    My goal is to be Better than everyone at everything
    HAHA

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Then crossfit is not for you. (On that note, nothing is.)

    Crossfit is for the lifter that wants to be average or slightly above average at many aspects of fitness (while excelling in injury)

    Its about specificity, pick a few aspects if fitness that are most important and train for the development of those skills.
    Ya crossfit(only) will make sure you are not the best at anything EXCEPT crossfit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This isn't physically possible. Everything is in a continuum and excellence at one thing often comes at the expense of something else.
    Exactly

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    this makes you perfect for crossfit. pretty pathetic mentality in my opinion, especially for someone that "cant squat due to bad knees." crossfit will fit you perfect. a lot of them are competition based so youd have plenty of oppurtunity to show off your amazingness and get hurt doing so
    He really does sound perfect for crossfit. Already has the "ELITE" mindset. That if you want to be a true badass start with Wendlers 531 and find a prowler.

  15. Ha ha yea I thought that would make a couple people laugh at least. "Here at globo gym we're better than you, and we know it!" And onion whatever the poop your name is. Learn to read English. I can't one legged squat or choose not too. It's horrible for your knees. I squat regularly.
    klajsd;flksaj;faksj;faksdf

  16. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    I can't one legged squat or choose not too. It's horrible for your knees. I squat regularly.
    I would not one leg squat, just because they sound off balance, not fun and I would not be able to use as much weight. A lunge or something like that might even be better!?
    That said, I had a small stretch where my rt knee just was not allowing me to squat much if at all. I did quite a bit of trap bar deads (not going as deep as a squat of course) and slowly worked them up to standing on blocks to deepen the squatting and lengthen the ROM. After a bit I was able to get back to squatting and for heavy higher reps to boot.
    I understand many peoples draw backs and afflictions, but finding a way to train around those and eventually strengthen a weaker area, to me, can be eye opening.

    As far as your goals, a simple 5x5 or W/O's from say John McCallum's KTP, is pretty much a great foundation for anything you want from your body.

  17. Bulgarian split squats are not bad for your knees, and will humble most lifters in a hurry.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  18. Crossfit=Bad form+injuries!! We have a few guys/gals at our gym that do it. It makes me cringe to even watch them perform their workouts.

    On that note:
    a guy dislocated his elbow at our gym last week. From my observation, he was trying to perform a snatch with little to no experience on the proper mechanics of the exercise. I think a lot of these people come from some sort of athletic back ground and figure "how hard can it be?? These meatheads can do it" Lmao!!! Well that's what can happen CF's!!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    Ha ha yea I thought that would make a couple people laugh at least. "Here at globo gym we're better than you, and we know it!" And onion whatever the poop your name is. Learn to read English. I can't one legged squat or choose not too. It's horrible for your knees. I squat regularly.
    A one-legged squat is not terrible for your knees. Unilateral work actually is best to strengthen the knee.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  20. Subbed for entertainment

  21. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED
    Subbed for entertainment
    Lol, I was just going to post:

    "oh look, another CF thread"


  22. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Lol, I was just going to post:

    "oh look, another CF thread"

    Thanks again for the 531 help. Cant see how anyone would want to compare the 2.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88

    Thanks again for the 531 help. Cant see how anyone would want to compare the 2.
    No prob broseph, apples and hand grenades...

    I sent you the excel file didn't I?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    No prob broseph, apples and hand grenades...

    I sent you the excel file didn't I?
    I don't think so but cant be 100% sure. Got the ebook though. I like being my body to a bloody pulp BB style not crossfit style haha.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88

    I don't think so but cant be 100% sure. Got the ebook though. I like being my body to a bloody pulp BB style not crossfit style haha.
    Pm me your email addy again, I'll send it on over. I like having my training planned out for a year...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 04:35 PM
  2. 4AD versus testosterone
    By supersoldier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 10:09 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 03:05 PM
  4. t1 pro Versus Super one plus
    By sctxms in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 12:01 PM
  5. 1 ad versus 1 test.........
    By noob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2002, 02:06 PM
Log in
Log in