Crossfit versus Wendle

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    How the hell do u dead lift 295 and squat 205
    ?
    I'm sure if you really need to know you can watch some tutorials how to squat and deadlift on youtube.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222


  2. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    How the hell do u dead lift 295 and squat 205
    ?
    what do u mean?
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by theish11
    How the hell do u dead lift 295 and squat 205
    ?
    This is in reference to epolis13.

  4. Not doubting, I squatted 315 yesterday and could barely hold 225. I think it's my grip...
    klajsd;flksaj;faksj;faksdf

  5. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    Not doubting, I squatted 315 yesterday and could barely hold 225. I think it's my grip...
    Sounds like it!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by theish11
    Not doubting, I squatted 315 yesterday and could barely hold 225. I think it's my grip...
    Over/under or hook grip plus chalk. Stop using straps.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

    Over/under or hook grip plus chalk. Stop using straps.
    But chalk is so messy :whine:

    Then I'll get my nice Nike shirt all dirty! How will I impress the ladies if I'm dirty!?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

    Over/under or hook grip plus chalk. Stop using straps.
    ^^ Hit the nail on the head with these.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

    But chalk is so messy :whine:

    Then I'll get my nice Nike shirt all dirty! How will I impress the ladies if I'm dirty!?
    Haha everyone knows that is most important.

    Don't get some liquid grip crap. I have some and it sucks. Doesn't even last through deadlifts. Either their claims are overstated or my deadlift exceeds what it can handle.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

    Haha everyone knows that is most important.

    Don't get some liquid grip crap. I have some and it sucks. Doesn't even last through deadlifts. Either their claims are overstated or my deadlift exceeds what it can handle.
    Lol I use regular chalk, like a MAN!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

    Lol I use regular chalk, like a MAN!
    Haha I used to. My bag of chalk busted open and now my gym bag is ghost white haha. Plus I go to a fitness center where they frown upon chalk. Granted they have never said anything to me about it in the past.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

    Haha I used to. My bag of chalk busted open and now my gym bag is ghost white haha. Plus I go to a fitness center where they frown upon chalk. Granted they have never said anything to me about it in the past.
    They told me I can't have it. So.I bring it anyway.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

    Haha I used to. My bag of chalk busted open and now my gym bag is ghost white haha. Plus I go to a fitness center where they frown upon chalk. Granted they have never said anything to me about it in the past.
    I belong to a great hole in the wall gym and hit a Y (kids swim there) once in awhile. They gave me **** at the Y for chalk and I told the guy "it is safety equipment back-off! " Lmao!!

  14. One of my base gyms frowns on chalk, so I tape across my hands at the base of my fingers (I'm sure you all know where I mean, at the callous) it helps a little, but not as good as chalk. I've never used straps, but never felt the need either, just lots of grip work.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    One of my base gyms frowns on chalk, so I tape across my hands at the base of my fingers (I'm sure you all know where I mean, at the callous) it helps a little, but not as good as chalk. I've never used straps, but never felt the need either, just lots of grip work.
    I have a couple like that here on post.

    I normally just don't go (mostly because I hate gyms on post) or just bring chalk and tell em to suck on my balls.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I have a couple like that here on post.

    I normally just don't go (mostly because I hate gyms on post) or just bring chalk and tell em to suck on my balls.
    I will drag the chalk over from the CF gym if none of the people who clean the main gym are around, but I they are I just take for my deads. I'm too mouthy and one of them out ranks me.

  17. Yea well I didn't use gloves or chalk and its my third attempt since we've been discussing this.
    klajsd;flksaj;faksj;faksdf

  18. Quote Originally Posted by theish11 View Post
    Yea well I didn't use gloves or chalk and its my third attempt since we've been discussing this.
    I only use chalk for 300+ unless I'm doing reps.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I only use chalk for 300+ unless I'm doing reps.
    Not bad man!! I'm chalkin over 225!! My hands rip if I don't. Grip is good to 400+ though.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post

    Not bad man!! I'm chalkin over 225!! My hands rip if I don't. Grip is good to 400+ though.
    I can't pull 400+ without technical failure.....

  21. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I can't pull 400+ without technical failure.....
    I'm hit or miss at that weight too sometimes. One day 425 will go up smooth as silk, the next time I look like i have no business lifting 435 (I think it's a head game at the last 10lbs) . I'm steady up to 415 with no issues, as long as the hands stay good

  22. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

    I only use chalk for 300+ unless I'm doing reps.
    I chalk before that and I don't do reps haha.

  23. I don't chalk (I'm cheap that way) and I try to use the stiffest bar I can find to deadlift. It really helps you with grip and off of the floor. Then, when I go to my meet, use their chalk and go for a PR, it's easy. Took about three seconds to finish a rep with ten pounds more than I'd ever broken from the floor before. Bonus: If the bar had been stiff and slick, I would have been much better prepared than a lot of my fellow competitors. Train the hard way, then everything else is easy.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post

    This is not true. In fact, this has actually been one of the larger points of issues taken with CF. The fact that CF HQ does not regulate/license the gyms and instructors out there. Consistency is lacking. This is how you come across horrible coaches and gyms and really good ones. There is no well defined regulatory system.
    Couldnt agree more! The quality control has pretty much disappeared, as a level one trainer i can tell you right now CF had turned into a cash cow, there was people at my seminar that have never tried Crossfit in their life and after 2days they where considered qualified to train athletes? Well balanced experienced gyms are becoming hard to find. Its sad crossfit can be a great program if used correctly

  25. Quote Originally Posted by BOSS1717 View Post
    Couldnt agree more! The quality control has pretty much disappeared, as a level one trainer i can tell you right now CF had turned into a cash cow, there was people at my seminar that have never tried Crossfit in their life and after 2days they where considered qualified to train athletes? Well balanced experienced gyms are becoming hard to find. Its sad crossfit can be a great program if used correctly
    I so agree with this post.
    HiTech Representative

  26. Crossfit website has an "injuries" section in their forums. 237 pages long, filled with people injuring their low backs from "high speed high rep dead lifts" and shoulder injuries. Just putting it out there...

  27. Quote Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    Crossfit website has an "injuries" section in their forums. 237 pages long, filled with people injuring their low backs from "high speed high rep dead lifts" and shoulder injuries. Just putting it out there...


    Name:  image-4007494570.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  247.8 KB

    Enough said!!! ROFLMAO

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Moose45 View Post
    Name:  image-4007494570.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  247.8 KB

    Enough said!!! ROFLMAO
    meh....i can do that with 405

  29. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    meh....i can do that with 405
    Pics!!
    HiTech Representative

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Epolis13 View Post
    Pics!!
    camera's cant take a pic of my asuuumissss
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 03:35 PM
  2. 4AD versus testosterone
    By supersoldier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 09:09 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 02:05 PM
  4. t1 pro Versus Super one plus
    By sctxms in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 11:01 AM
  5. 1 ad versus 1 test.........
    By noob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2002, 01:06 PM
Log in
Log in