So a little backround right now. I'm currently a student in the field of nutrition. My overall goal post-graduation is likely to become some sort of wellness coach as my true passion is helping people lose weight and generally become healthier through exercise and proper diet.
In looking to expand my resume and knowledge I was looking to obtain a certification as either simply a personal trainer or a fittness nutrional coach. I need a place that is well recognized and respected. I am not pursing a bachelors in kinesiology or exercise science as thats not exactly where im trying to go with this and I also lack the funds for such. For example, I'd rather work with a middle-aged man who is overweight and trying to make a lifestyle change as opposed to teaching somebody how to properly bench press 300 pounds. Basically I want to join the battle on obesity and an unhealthy lifestyle.
I know this may sound a little jumbled and it likely is as I have really just started digging through the many many online courses. This is a list below I have started on today and was looking for general advice or guidence. Thanks guys
1. ACSM - American College Of Sports Medicine
2. NASM - National Academy Of Sports Medicine
3. NSCA - National Strength And Conditioning Association
4. NCSF - National Council On Strength And Fitness
5. NFPT - National Federation Of Personal Trainers
6. ACE - American Council On Exercise
7. CI - Cooper Institute
8. Scirion Institude (SIEP)
9. ISSA - International Sports Science Association