Question for Bobo on Hypertrophy

Manwhore

Awards
OK so high reps are more for Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy and lower reps are more for Myofibrillar hypertrophy. OK i get that...kind of but wouldn't higher reps also be good for Myo... Hypertrophy because they increase type I muscle fibers? This is what i'm thinking,just tell me if i'm correct.... Higher reps low weight increases the size of type I muscle fibers and also the nutrients inside the muscles cells and heavy weight increases the size of type II muscle fibers and also synchronizes nerve discharge for more strength(all help with strength but just some more with the extra nerve function)? Is this correct and can you add to it? thanks

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Lower reps don't increase myofibrillar hypertrophy that much. Rep range from 6-10 are more for that stimulus. Low reps heavy weight stimulate CNS more than anything (strenght training). High reps stimulate sarcoplasmi hypertrophy (nutrient capacity).

Manwhore

Awards
so your saying low reps increase all types of muscle fibers to the same degree? What about the type I muscle fibers needing more reps because they don't fatigue as fast as type II?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Where did I say that? I said low reps stimluate CNS much more than hypertrophy. And why are you so hung up on type I and II muscle fibers?

Type I fibers are resistant to fatique.
Type II A is resistant to fatique but not found much in humans.
Type II B fibers fatigue easily.

Manwhore

Awards
Where did I say that? I said low reps stimluate CNS much more than hypertrophy. And why are you so hung up on type I and II muscle fibers?

Type I fibers are resistant to fatique.
Type II A is resistant to fatique but not found much in humans.
Type II B fibers fatigue easily.
lol I don't know if your misunderstanding me.. maybe it's just me,i don't know :) I just asked why TYPE I Yes TYPE I muscle fibers wouldn't be stimulated by low rep work. I'm hung up on muscle fibers because that's what we are talking about when we say myofibrillar right? I wouldn't be hung up on bone marrow if we are talking about muscles
:think: OK OK your saying low rep work is under 6 reps well when i say low rep i mean around 8-10. Under 6 i say is for powerlifting and we are BBers so im not talking about PLer routines. Just want to know how you fatigue fibers I and II in the same rep range?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Well how the hell am I supposed to know when you say low rep you mean 8-10? Low reps are under 6 in every exercise and training program so thats what I go by. If you mean moderate reps then say "moderate reps". THe answer to your questions is yes they will be stimulated with moderate reps (8-10). Type I and IIb fibers are usually dominant in different locations so as loong as you use a load enough to go to failure in that rep range, they all will be stimulated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nabisco General Chat 2
Training Forum 8
OCCFan023 Training Forum 2
Anabolics 3
Training Forum 2