NEED SOME EXPERT ADVICE P/RR/S + LEANGAINS Recomp

iddc

iddc

Awards
Sup guys,

i need some advice regarding my planned recomp.

i started a bulk last August last year, it started off clean but then became dirty during late Nov and early Dec (i failed to become strict and disciplined). by late december i started a 6 week shred using HIIT programs and modified warrior diet. (i had to fit it into 6 weeks since i was gona go on vacation)

the cut was a success from 187 lbs - 155 lbs in 8 weeks. the most ripped i've ever become out of any of my previous cuts. yes i know i've lost some muscle because i lost some strength (roughly -10% based on BP,DL, and Squat loads).

i then had a 5 week vacation, was able to lift occasionally, tried my best to keep a clean diet, and in the end i gained 10lbs. (which for me is pretty fair enough since i normally can't hold back from pigging out).

now that i'm back, i want to plan everything precisely. honestly i'm tired of bulking up and gaining more fat at the same time in the end, then spending too much resources and time on cutting back down. i want to make big progress while on a budget.

i've been reading around and i'm planning to do a recomposition at -20/+20

the thing is i've never really counted calories. i usually base my diet on hitting my macros correctly. but now i'm gona start counting!
attached is the macros and cal intake i plan to do for the first week and then adjust accordingly.

i'm also going to incorporate the P/RR/S training 4 times a week. i tend to plateau very easily and this system seems like the best way to go to gain quality muscle mass. as for the training i haven't done much research and planning for this one (yet) will try to post the template for this tomorrow.

i wanted my diet to be the key since i know i can push through any type of training.
supplement wise, since supps here are damn expensive and not that diverse, i can only make do with whey (ON or MET-RX) and a pre-workout (jack3d/1M.R.)
Untitled.jpg

any advice, comments, negative or positive appreciated!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you can only have 1 protein, id suggest getting a blend. Something like trutein, etc. Ill try and help a little more after my w/o.

iddc

iddc

Awards
thanks man, the thing is there is no trutein available here, any cheap alternatives? i heard of dymatize but a bit out of budget, how about nutrex muscle infusion black?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Why are you consuming so much protein? Curious. At 179lbs you only need at most 200g of protein. It seems as though the protein brolore has hit you hard.

iddc

iddc

Awards
the amount of protein depended on the way i wanted my macros 50/25/25 on workout days and 50/10/40 on rest days (Pro/Carb/Fat). when i moved the scale for protein to 50% that's the amount (g) that showed up. it's because of the total amount of calories i added during WO days, the amount of protein adjusted accordingly. and oops i made a mistake on my rest days the protein % should be 50%. correct me if i'm wrong..

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You only need about one gram of protein per lb you weigh.

iddc

iddc

Awards
but if i took only 1g/ lb, then my macros would be split at 20/40/40, Pro/Carb/Fat?.. does it seem like i\m taking too much carbs and fat? or does the amount of total cal. intake only matter for muscle gain and not the protein?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
the amount of protein depended on the way i wanted my macros 50/25/25 on workout days and 50/10/40 on rest days (Pro/Carb/Fat). when i moved the scale for protein to 50% that's the amount (g) that showed up. it's because of the total amount of calories i added during WO days, the amount of protein adjusted accordingly. and oops i made a mistake on my rest days the protein % should be 50%. correct me if i'm wrong..
Okay, my bad...didn't see you were doing leangains. On w/o days carbs should be your highest source of calories and on non w/o days protein should be. This is what Martin recommends on his site, I don't personally follow it because I much prefer eating fats over carbs. My macros for w/o days are 40p/30c/30f and non w/o days are 40p/10c/50f.

If you haven't checked out the site yet, go to leangains.com. there is a lot of great reading that can be done there to help you set this up.

iddc

iddc

Awards
okay i've changed it up abit, it does seem overwhelming to eat 400g protein! adjusted macros check it out:

Untitled.png

any advice much appreciated! will post workout template soon, been busy!

Attachments

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On workout days switch prot to 35% and carbs to 40%. I lied to you in my post, my workout days more recently have been closer to 33/33/33. Your getting better though

iddc

iddc

Awards
that was alot of tweeking and calorie counting, finally got a set amount, but will vary as weight does. the problem is where i live, less variety and most of the "good stuff" is pretty damn expensive here. the whey i got is Nutrex muscle infusion black, it's got a good mix. and pre workout C4 (don't hate me, that is the only one available, my preferred PWO is jack3d but it will only arrive next month) now all i have left to do is the P/RR/S training plan. i've got a big back, chest and quads (--genetics) small arms and shoulders, been working out for 3 years straight only the past year i\ve been able to get my diet under control (since i'm working alone abroad). and for this year i'm making my diet more precise. i would say i do average on major lifts squat 350x8, BP 230x5, deads 400x8. i have a bad right shoulder blade and left tricep. my left knee is also a problem at times. body parts to improve: upper chest, tricep, bicep, REAR AND FRONT DELTS, forearms. gona do some groceries today post the workout template later!