What are the best rear delt exercises!

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Facepulls.

PROness

Awards
YTWLs (more specifically the "T" part) and Reverse Flyes will isolate the **** out of them. There's also some machines out there that isolate them but where's the fun in that?

/thread

soccerkid55

soccerkid55

Awards
YTWLs (more specifically the "T" part) and Reverse Flyes will isolate the **** out of them. There's also some machines out there that isolate them but where's the fun in that?

/thread
Is that crossfit or real lifting. I do not support or care about crossfit or their workouts

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These are brutal and effective. Facepulls are great as well.

[video=youtube_share;Js-urItYDdA]http://youtu.be/Js-urItYDdA[/video]

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Is that crossfit or real lifting. I do not support or care about crossfit or their workouts
Not cross fit at all.
They are:
Lat raises
'Y raises' ( overhand grip, raise arms in a y)
Front raises
Reverse flyes

All as a giant set

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a fan of facepulls, YTWs, various band pullaparts, and using the pec dec but for reverse flys. As a variation of the last option, you adjust the handles all the way forward (as you would for normal reverse flys), but sit on the machine sideways and just use one arm on the machine. This allows for a really good stretch on the eccentric, one you can't achieve through most other exercises. Adding these few exercises into rotation should be more than sufficient provided the foundation of your back workouts already include rows, pullups, etc.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established

Shouldn't he be using a bigger range of motion even on the first couple sets?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

kraatos

Awards
face pulls
had tried this long time back at the end of my shoulder workout and my rear delts were sore for 4 days . good exercise

whaz

whaz

Awards
When you guys do face pulls at what height do you have the rope pinned? I've been doing mine with the rope above my head pulling pretty much straight to my forehead but I see lots of videos with people starting from upper stomach/lower chest or even lower and pulling to the nose. It was my understanding that the latter involve the traps more than pulling from up higher. Am I right? My main concern in doing face pulls is rear delts, I'm not concerned about hitting my traps with this exercise.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established

This. I love these heavy partials. I'm also a fan of facepulls and inverted overhand rows on the TRX if you have access.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Power partials/bent over laterals/face pulls/reverse pec deck flys. Yeah budd. Burn baby burn lol. FST7 on any of those is KILLER also.

stout1out

Awards
Love working on rear deltas they make your shoulders imo

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Facepulls with a pronated grip, bringing your arms back almost like doing a reverse pec-deck fly. Straight back facepulls work, but i feel lighter weight and really focusing on isolating those rear delts work better.