Keeping current weight/ increasing strength to weight ratio

caino

caino

Awards
Hey guys been looking and searching for monthssss on forums trying to find some sort of template to build my strength to weight ratio e.g getting stronger for weight class, anyone know of a good program or rep ranges to help in this? Currently following juggernaut method whixh is very simular to 531

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
where are your lifts and body stats right now? kind of hard to help without some knowledge to where you stand. tell us squat, deads, bench, bb row, and ohp/military press numbers.

caino

caino

Awards
where are your lifts and body stats right now? kind of hard to help without some knowledge to where you stand. tell us squat, deads, bench, bb row, and ohp/military press numbers.
My bad im 68kg
Bench 88
Ohp 55
Squat 110
Deadlift 130kg

All are 1rm

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
ok youre a bit light for your height. if you want a lean model look with a lot of strength, aim for a lean 170lb-ish weight. or about 80kg. 150 at 5'10 is too small of a frame to have any real strength

with that said, 5/3/1 is too advanced for your level. dont take it the wrong way, 5/3/1 has a very slow progression rate, and you can do a lot better at where you stand now. 5/3/1 is oriented toward people with huge humbers that have a very hard time progressing.

with your squat weight, id suggest going into the stronglifts 5x5 routine. its a powerlifting routine with incredibly fast progression, especially the squat. once youre repping around 115-135kg in the squat, then its time to graduate to an intermediate routine such as madcows, texas method, or DC training. the progression on those is slower than stronglifts, but still faster than 5/3/1

and make sure you eat enough. at first, dont be afrfaid to go over your goal weight, you can always slim it down later, or just increase your weight goal and get bigger. eventually, youll want to find the right calorie intake where you gain weight relatively slowly, but maintain progression in your lifts.

if you havnt already, youtube "so you think you can squat" and "so you think you can bench" and watch all 5-6 episodes of each. theyre around 30 minutes total each, and will teach you perfect powerlifting form for the squat and bench press. the squat one in particular is one of the greatest videos to ever go on youtube

caino

caino

Awards
How did you know i was 5"9 at 150lbs? Lol

I know there is much room formimprovement, the reason why i post this is because i dont want to your typcial GOMAD and fat **** myself, i train in MMA and want to keep that weight just increase the strength/power

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys been looking and searching for monthssss on forums trying to find some sort of template to build my strength to weight ratio e.g getting stronger for weight class, anyone know of a good program or rep ranges to help in this?
There is no magic bullet or routine, so stop looking/searching. Focusing and enjoying a routine will be what gets you results.
1RM/strength work w/o gaining much if any mass will be based more on rep numbers and intensity. Low to single rep ie: multi sets ie: 3-8 sets of 1-5 reps, are usually always enlisted in those programs and the simpler lower exercise numbers the better. Also think "Prilipins Table".
CNS training comes into play when trying to get stronger and learning and being able to recruit more fibers for a single.
Quite a few good routines out there, so don't get mired in thinking one is the absolute best, it comes down more to whether or not you want to put the work and focus in, with patience to see it thru.
Personally, if you are newer to this and have not run many routines, it may be better to just get a good solid foundation of compound strengths in the 5 reps range and then work down from there over time and learning your body.
Jumping head first into a heavy strength program with singles doubles and triples, to me is too early until you have more form foundation and time under the bar