outta the game??

at1010

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

Some might remeber me, probably not tho.

I have been out of the game for awhile. I have still lifted just not as intense as I used to.

I recently graduated college, have a job, etc. I am looking for a 3 or 4 day a week work, that is semi flexible. Sometimes, I need to move things around because of work.

I am really just trying to maintain my size, burn a lil fat. Not get huge anymore.
I am 510, about 206.

Please let me know what you think.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
5/3/1 without accessory work

at1010

Awards
  • Established
is there a good thread/link to that workout?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am really just trying to maintain my size, burn a lil fat. Not get huge anymore.
I am 510, about 206.
Lots of simple 2-3 day a week programs guy. Sticking to doing reps in the 8-10 range for 3-5 sets will lower the risk of injury and still keep you very fit and strong.
Keep the compound exercises up front doing say squats or leg presses, maybe some deadlifts, rowing motion or chins, and pressing. Hitting the arms afterwards and some abs would be all you really need.

Monday A
Squat/Leg press 3x8-10
BP's 3x8-10
Rows 3x8-10
Triceps 3-8-10
Abs 2x20-25

Wednesday B
OHP's 3x8-10
Deadlifts 2x8-10
Chins 3x8-10
Curls 2x8-10
Calves

Friday A
Repeat Monday...
The following Monday will be B, last Wednesdays W/O and so on.

If you can find a training partner with the same goals, you got a much better chance sticking to a program and not missing W/O's
If you can afford a PT, that can be even better.
Eat right and do active cardio on off days ie: light run, bike, basketball, swim, tennis etc. etc. etc.

at1010

Awards
  • Established
Lots of simple 2-3 day a week programs guy. Sticking to doing reps in the 8-10 range for 3-5 sets will lower the risk of injury and still keep you very fit and strong.
Keep the compound exercises up front doing say squats or leg presses, maybe some deadlifts, rowing motion or chins, and pressing. Hitting the arms afterwards and some abs would be all you really need.

Monday A
Squat/Leg press 3x8-10
BP's 3x8-10
Rows 3x8-10
Triceps 3-8-10
Abs 2x20-25

Wednesday B
OHP's 3x8-10
Deadlifts 2x8-10
Chins 3x8-10
Curls 2x8-10
Calves

Friday A
Repeat Monday...
The following Monday will be B, last Wednesdays W/O and so on.

If you can find a training partner with the same goals, you got a much better chance sticking to a program and not missing W/O's
If you can afford a PT, that can be even better.
Eat right and do active cardio on off days ie: light run, bike, basketball, swim, tennis etc. etc. etc.
thanks boss! that seems like a pretty good split! Honestly my problem is when deer season is in, I HUNT! I spend every hour I can in the woods, so lifting kind of gets the back burner. I need to kill it in the offseason so I dont totally turn into a fat slob! Off to the gym!