advice on a new program please

benjammin5150

Awards
I hurt my rotator cuff really bad a few months ago and I cant do any push movements except squats. I can basically only do squats, deadlifts, curls, pull ups, and pendlay rows. Can anyone give me a program I can do that only uses these movements, with sets and reps please? Ive been lifting for a little over a year, but I havent been lifting since my injury. I lost alot of strength and size and I want to build back up.

thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I hurt my rotator cuff really bad a few months ago and I cant do any push movements except squats. I can basically only do squats, deadlifts, curls, pull ups, and pendlay rows. Can anyone give me a program I can do that only uses these movements, with sets and reps please? Ive been lifting for a little over a year, but I havent been lifting since my injury. I lost alot of strength and size and I want to build back up.

thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
Why don't you get it fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

benjammin5150

Awards
Ive seen chiropractors and MT/PT. They both say there is nothing I can do except let it heal. Its hurt bad though, I cant lift my arm past parallel to the floor. Im gonna go in to the doctor for an x-ray to see if I need surgery. Its been depressing but I need to start lifting again, doing whatever I can.

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
Ive seen chiropractors and MT/PT. They both say there is nothing I can do except let it heal. Its hurt bad though, I cant lift my arm past parallel to the floor. Im gonna go in to the doctor for an x-ray to see if I need surgery. Its been depressing but I need to start lifting again, doing whatever I can.
Nothing you can do? I HIGHLY doubt that. Depending on the MOI, actual diagnosis, almost guaranteed postural deviations, lack of corrective exercise, ADLs, programming, etc. there is most definitely a wide array of rehabilitation and continuing pre-hab work you can do. My suggestion is to never see the MD or PT, that told you "theres is nothing you can do," again and look into a more qualified practitioner.

benjammin5150

Awards
I dont know what you mean by "get it fixed". Ive seen professionals who say there isnt any thing I can do except give it time to heal. Maybe Im not seeing the right kind of doctor, I dont know. Do you mean surgery? The MT said it is my bicep tendon and a couple others that run from the front of my shoulder down the back of my shoulder. I cant remember the name of them though. Im working on trying to get it healed, I just want some advice on what kind of program I can do in the meantime.

benjammin5150

Awards
Nothing you can do? I HIGHLY doubt that. Depending on the MOI, actual diagnosis, almost guaranteed postural deviations, lack of corrective exercise, ADLs, programming, etc. there is most definitely a wide array of rehabilitation and continuing pre-hab work you can do. My suggestion is to never see the MD or PT, that told you "theres is nothing you can do," again and look into a more qualified practitioner.

What kind of practitoiner? The MT said I tore my bicep tendon and a couple other tendons that run from the front of my shoulder down the back to my lats. I cant remember what they're called though. I dont know what is meant by "get it fixed"...by who?

napalm

napalm

Awards
What kind of practitoiner? The MT said I tore my bicep tendon and a couple other tendons that run from the front of my shoulder down the back to my lats. I cant remember what they're called though. I dont know what is meant by "get it fixed"...by who?
If you have a diagnosis by MRI of a torn bicep tendon, go see a f'ing ortho surgeon for gods sake. He/she will 'fix it.'

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com