Why is there bruising on knee's after leg workout?

Misnwong

Awards
This is for my brother. He had a good leg work out and pushed some good heavy weight. A couple days later he had a big bruise on his knees. After he works out he uses a stick roller to massage out the body parts that he works out that day. Could it possibly be from pushing all the lactic acid towards his knees and not pushing it all the way through where it wouldnt just stop at his knees? or is it something else? Is this normal/common? What are ways to prevent this from happening?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does he wear knees wraps?
I am guessing it might be tiny broken blood vessels in the legs!?
I know I have gotten them on my pecs under my shoulders and under my arms/lats from certain work.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's definitely not from the lactic acid as that will be completely metabolized within minutes of training. He may have bumped into something and not payed attention to it during the session.

Awards
  • Established
Does he do deadlifts on leg days? I'm famous for getting bruises from riding up my shins and clipping my knees when descending. I'm also 6'3'' with long legs. I never seem to notice it during my workout.. just the bruising after. Just a thought.

pmdied

Awards
Does he do deadlifts on leg days? I'm famous for getting bruises from riding up my shins and clipping my knees when descending. I'm also 6'3'' with long legs. I never seem to notice it during my workout.. just the bruising after. Just a thought.
Same here. Nailed my shins and knees many times and wake up bruised the next day. Never even noticed it during the lift.

Awards
  • Established
Same here. Nailed my shins and knees many times and wake up bruised the next day. Never even noticed it during the lift.
Glad I'm not the only one :beerchug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 8
Walrusieo Anabolics 26
The Yolkster Anabolics 13
funbags433 Post Cycle Therapy 0
Post Cycle Therapy 3