I'm sick.

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
Well I'm trying to cut down on fat so I've been eating extremely clean and training very hard for the last month and a half. I've lost 20 lbs so far and I'm pumped about that however I managed to catch a bug and I can't seem to shake it. I'm on medication for it but still can't seem to get better and it's been over a week. I've still been trying to lift and run as much as possible but I'm wondering if this could be part of the reason I'm not getting better. I usually lift 4-5 days a week and do cardio 6 days. Is over training probably why I can't get better or is it just in my head?

PROness

Awards
Depends on the experience you have and mindset you're in when you train IMO. Over-training is more of a phase and not a sickness or disease.

When Iick I take it as though I have an even bigger chip on my shoulder. I figure if I can train sick (training is an understatement), then when I recover I will be even mentally stronger. When you're sick your body and metabolism are in overdrive, it's almost a gift to get sick and train, take advantage of it.

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
Wow, I like that outlook on it. Thanks, I'll be in the gym!

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Depends on the experience you have and mindset you're in when you train IMO. Over-training is more of a phase and not a sickness or disease.

When Iick I take it as though I have an even bigger chip on my shoulder. I figure if I can train sick (training is an understatement), then when I recover I will be even mentally stronger. When you're sick your body and metabolism are in overdrive, it's almost a gift to get sick and train, take advantage of it.
when youre sick your cortisol levels are also in "overdrive." and working out when sick can cause the bacteria or virus (depending on what you have) to spread to the lungs and cause an infection. to take it a step further, by going to the gym sick, youre getting everyone else that uses equipment after you sick. post workout is when our immune system is at its weakest, so by getting all the equipment infectd, youre selfishly spreading the sickness to people when theyre most vulnerable.

take a week off, eat and drink a lot, then come back when you feel better. theres no positives to working out while sick. is it possible your "sickness" is just allergies op?

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
Well by the 2nd day on meds it's not supposed to be contagious anymore and I'm on the 4th day so It shouldn't spread. It started as a cold and turned into a sinus infection which I usually can shake in a day or two, that's why I was curious if working out so much is hindering my ability to get better. I'm a little better today than I was yesterday so I'm gonna take a day off and rest up so hopefully I'll be good to go tomorrow.