Would like to get some opinions!

mgjake

mgjake

Awards
What's up everyone! Just wanted to get some 2 cents from you all and see what you think between two routines.. I'm back from Afghanistan as of a few short months ago and I'm doing an overhaul. Looking to add muscle mass (of course haha) and looking into doing the 5x5 or a variation of the FST-7. I've been lifting for almost 2 years, and I can keep the diet portion on point, just wanting to hear from you all about the routines, pros/cons or success/failure, whatever you got! I appreciate everyone's input!

mgjake

mgjake

Awards
Norton's PHAT
Not too familiar with that routine! I'm guess you have used it and experienced good results from it?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off thanks for your work and defense in our military. You guys do stuff while we are over in the states watching life go by Thank you!

Starr's 5x5 is a very good basic strength and mass routine that has been around for absolute years. Personally, I find it one of the best. Rather simple and straightforward to follow and honestly time tested and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.
That all said, it is going to depend on what you getting your head into and loving doing really. The thing to remember too, work the biggest muscle areas first and foremost with your compounds ie: legs, hips, back, chest, shoulders. Squats, leg presses, deadlifts, rows, BP's, OHP's, abs arm work. It is really that easy and simple to get large and very strong.

mgjake

mgjake

Awards
Thank you, time to do some reading!

mgjake

mgjake

Awards
First off thanks for your work and defense in our military. You guys do stuff while we are over in the states watching life go by Thank you!

Starr's 5x5 is a very good basic strength and mass routine that has been around for absolute years. Personally, I find it one of the best. Rather simple and straightforward to follow and honestly time tested and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.
That all said, it is going to depend on what you getting your head into and loving doing really. The thing to remember too, work the biggest muscle areas first and foremost with your compounds ie: legs, hips, back, chest, shoulders. Squats, leg presses, deadlifts, rows, BP's, OHP's, abs arm work. It is really that easy and simple to get large and very strong.
And thank you for the support bro, seriously. It is much appreciated! I've heard A LOT of positives about the 5x5, and have heard people have been able to tweak it slightly to fit them better and still get great results. And honestly I can get into anything, when it comes to lifting I love any/everything. Thanks for your input!