AM Fasted Cardio

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
What's your guys opinion on fasted AM cardio? Now I know that your body will be low on glycogen from the time when you were asleep. So if I'm doing 30 to 45 minutes of cardio in the AM will my first meal that I eat including carbs stop my fat burning and reroute the fatty acids released during the cardio back into fat cells making the only real fat burned during the cardio and not after because of my first meal?

ITW

ITW

Awards
What's your guys opinion on fasted AM cardio? Now I know that your body will be low on glycogen from the time when you were asleep. So if I'm doing 30 to 45 minutes of cardio in the AM will my first meal that I eat including carbs stop my fat burning and reroute the fatty acids released during the cardio back into fat cells making the only real fat burned during the cardio and not after because of my first meal?
Depends when this first meal of yours is?

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
Right after my run, but even with slow digesting carbs does it completely stop fat burning?

ITW

ITW

Awards
Right after my run, but even with slow digesting carbs does it completely stop fat burning?
I'm no expert, but from what I've read it's best to prolong your fast. I believe you are right in your thinking. hope others chime in. If you're worried about catabolism how about some BCAA's. if its hunger that gets you (I used to run and it suppressed my appetite actually) how about a cutting supp.

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
Yea BCAA's and or some whey, I agree... But I was just wondering if the carbs in my meal instantly stop fat burning to...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You will be low on LIVER glycogen, but not muscle glycogen assuming you are consuming a eucaloric or hypercaloric diet that contains carbohydrates. Your results will depend on the intensity of the cardio. Low intensity you might get some increased GNG to maintain blood sugar levels. If you are training higher intensity, your work output will be reduced and thus adaptations will be less (i.e.: reduced results).

Br

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
GNG being gluconegenisis correct? And thank you for the info guys.