Really Deep Knot
- 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Really Deep Knot
I'm hoping for some insight on muscle knots in tricky places.
About a week ago I developed a knot in the left side of my hip and/or glute. It's a real bitch and hip dominant lifts are nearly impossible. I inadvertantly dip and wiggle in the hole. It's an injury waiting to happen.
I'm trying everything I know to loosen it up. Foam rolling, a golf ball and a baseball, stretching and a hot, epsom salt bath.
The golf ball and IT band stretches give very temporary relief, nothing else has much effect. It's not just tight but painful, about like a muscle strain but a different sensation. It's a powerful cramp and pulls my left shoulder blade down, which in turn pulls on my neck, causing knots in my neck too. In the morning before I do some stretches, it looks like I have an extreme case of scoliosis.
I have an appointment with an ART specialist but can't get in for a few weeks. Short of finding a prescription mill for muscle relaxers, and I avoid medicine when possible, I don't know what to do.
Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
- 02-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Try to see a chiropractor too! I was in a car accident a few years back, and it kinda jacked my spine and hip alignment, which in turn actually gave me a lot of muscular pain. A few trips to the chiro, and I was good as new
Similar Forum Threads
- By windwords7 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 11Last Post: 04-20-2003, 02:55 PM
- By Rictor33 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-25-2003, 07:22 PM
- By Greatmanomuscle in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 02-07-2003, 02:18 PM
- By pjorstad in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-05-2003, 04:03 PM
- By Blindfaith in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2002, 05:07 PM