Crossfitters??

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by jackedandtan1
    getting people to do Olympic lifts instead of curling in the squat rack is a good thing.
    Meh, not so much. Getting people who are fatigued to do high rep oly lifts with crappy form is never a good thing...unless you're an ortho surgeon...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com


  2. lol define good. one is annoying to watch, but mostly harmless. the other is fun to watch cuz the newbs end up fukin their shyt up
    •   
       


  3. Well there's training couches in place to correct ill form or teach it in the first place as well as possible weight adjustment to keep for practical and ultimately personal safety is of the individuals personal concern, nothing wrong with inventing something new at one point the only way to get big was to just eat chicken breast and broccoli

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jackedandtan1
    Well there's training couches in place to correct ill form or teach it in the first place as well as possible weight adjustment to keep for practical and ultimately personal safety is of the individuals personal concern, nothing wrong with inventing something new at one point the only way to get big was to just eat chicken breast and broccoli
    You're assuming the coaches know what correct form is. I don't think I'd make that assumption...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

  5. I respect you bro.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jackedandtan1 View Post
    Well there's training couches in place to correct ill form or teach it in the first place as well as possible weight adjustment to keep for practical and ultimately personal safety is of the individuals personal concern, nothing wrong with inventing something new at one point the only way to get big was to just eat chicken breast and broccoli
    If the coach is endorsing using high-rep Oly lifts, then he/she does not deserve that distinction. Just as you cannot sprint a mile, you cannot perform lifts based upon power and technique while fatigued.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  7. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

    You're assuming the coaches know what correct form is. I don't think I'd make that assumption...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    He's also assuming that everyone who does crossfit does it in a crossfit gym with "coaches"

  8. To each there own gentlemen, it works for people as well as conventional training and risk and reward should be assessed for each individual

  9. Didn't the marines get rid of kipping in PT because of the related shoulder injuries?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jackedandtan1 View Post
    To each there own gentlemen, it works for people as well as conventional training and risk and reward should be assessed for each individual
    I agree, the only problem is that most people don't know the risks.
    •   
       


  11. I'm not sure as to the marines Kipling in PT tests I was in the army, but I could see that happening

  12. Quote Originally Posted by jackedandtan1 View Post
    I'm not sure as to the marines Kipling in PT tests I was in the army, but I could see that happening

    They do not kip in PT tests. Just dead hangs. Kipping went away decades ago.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. PES stack - crossfitter
    By dustin12 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 11:31 PM
  2. any crossfitters? I have questions
    By Santee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 12:30 AM
  3. CROSSFITTERS??
    By JEG2507 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 02:09 AM
Log in
Log in