Crossfitters??

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Any crossfitters?? I'm goin to give crossfit a try and was wondering if anyone had any good workouts for me? And also when a routine for example tells u deadlifts( 1.5 body weight) does that men 1.5 x your body or what? That seems a bit much for a circuit? Help and advice please

TNKING19

TNKING19

Awards
Download iwodfitness app and icross wod app. Gives you different wods everyday and you can scroll through library's of old workouts. Really helpful and yes 1.5 means 1 and a half but you can scale it back

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Bout to say damn I been doin BB for years but that seems high for a circuit. Def appreciate the help brother

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
1.5 body weight deadlift? that sounds like some crossfit ***** **** to me

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
OP....as a guy who does do CF, you don't wanna have this convo on this forum, not a lot of good opinions about the subject here! Trust me!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP....as a guy who does do CF, you don't wanna have this convo on this forum, not a lot of good opinions about the subject here! Trust me!
i'm not a crossfit supporter in anyway shape or form...can't stand the "clans" of ppl....but who cares if ppl hate on this board, they hate everything that isn't what they are doing...just got to skip over those ppl and read the quality comments

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm not a crossfit supporter in anyway shape or form...can't stand the "clans" of ppl....but who cares if ppl hate on this board, they hate everything that isn't what they are doing...just got to skip over those ppl and read the quality comments
Yeah but if I see someone post about any stupid workout, crossfit or not, I'm not going to hold back my opinion. Im not 'hating',I honestly hope he takes the advice given in that link for his sake, not JUST because I hate crossfit.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Muahahahahaha

S.hit successfully stirred

:evil:

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah but if I see someone post about any stupid workout, crossfit or not, I'm not going to hold back my opinion. Im not 'hating',I honestly hope he takes the advice given in that link for his sake, not JUST because I hate crossfit.
Why even acknowledge that Sean?

He basically just said that one can't share their opinion on here if they have a differing opinion than him (and whomever he deems to be quality posters) or they are just hating.

He is also the poster that said that "everyone on this board should want to look better." Which is cool because apparently there are no other lifters on these boards than those who enjoy bodybuilding.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i don't like crossfit either and i have my reasons....but what i'm saying is, some ppl seem to go into all crossfit threads and just be like "crossfits sucks" theres just no need for it imo

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why even acknowledge that Sean?

He basically just said that one can't share their opinion on here if they have a differing opinion than him (and whomever he deems to be quality posters) or they are just hating.

He is also the poster that said that "everyone on this board should want to look better." Which is cool because apparently there are no other lifters on these boards than those who enjoy bodybuilding.
no i basically just didn't say that

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i don't like crossfit either and i have my reasons....but what i'm saying is, some ppl seem to go into all crossfit threads and just be like "crossfits sucks" theres just no need for it imo
If that is someone's opinion on crossfit then why is there no need for that persons opinion but there is a need for your opinion?

You are better than everyone else on the board?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If that is someone's opinion on crossfit then why is there no need for that persons opinion but there is a need for your opinion?

You are better than everyone else on the board?
it's my opinion on crossfit as well, but who am i to go in where theres a discussion about ppl who enjoy it and just be like well it sucks, you guys are idiots for doing it....all i was telling these guys is who cares if ppl don't like crossfit as long as they do enjoy it

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand not being an a$$hole about crossfit. But if someone started a thread saying they want to work out 3x a day 7 days a week am I supposed to let that slide? Maybe it's a new workout trend...I wouldn't want to offend them by saying its a bad idea!.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Just like there's no need for Crossfit .... Oops sorry to interrupt I stumbled in by accident.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just like there's no need for Crossfit .... Oops sorry to interrupt I stumbled in by accident.
reasoning? have you tried it? i haven't so i have no idea if i'd even like it, just don't like the ideas behind it

but ppl get in shape...i had a buddy of mine who played amateur hockey who started crossfit and said it was the best workout he's ever had and said he's never been in such good shape before

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
reasoning?
Honestly I really don't give a **** what the monkeys do in the monkey zoo. It just irritates me when a bunch of Crossfit douche bags are trying to do that crap in the gym getting in the way.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
reasoning? have you tried it? i haven't so i have no idea if i'd even like it, just don't like the ideas behind it

but ppl get in shape...i had a buddy of mine who played amateur hockey who started crossfit and said it was the best workout he's ever had and said he's never been in such good shape before
I have done it (still do sometimes)

The intensity is high (why he would call it the best workout, because its difficult). But the programming is poor, delts are incredibly overworked leading to postural imbalance, and high rep olympic lifts are stupid.

Crossfit = RC issues, knee problems, and the possibility for more.

pmdied

Awards
OP, to answer your question 1.5 x bodyweight seems excessive. Heck, even 1x bodyweight combined with the other high intensity exercises (running in between) can pose a big risk, especially if you don't have a bit of dead lift experience under your belt. I don't do cross fit type classes or training but would suggest starting much lighter. You don't want to dead lift so fatigued that you get injured.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I don't hate on people for doing crossfit. It's better than sitting on the couch and they are attempting to better their lives. Props to them. I just think there are better, safer, ways

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have done it (still do sometimes)

The intensity is high (why he would call it the best workout, because its difficult). But the programming is poor, delts are incredibly overworked leading to postural imbalance, and high rep olympic lifts are stupid.

Crossfit = RC issues, knee problems, and the possibility for more.

i agree and those are reasons why i don't suggest it or do it myself

but hey, if ppl have fun doing it and get the results they desire, then good for them....they could always be at home eating roman noodles doing nothing

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
One of my friends runs a Crossfit place out here. He's big into it and in great shape but I don't see the attraction. If I wanna lift weights I lift weights , if I wanna do cardio I run, if I wanna run an obstacle course ill do that , or ride a bike etc. I like the basics and fads bore me.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
One of my friends runs a Crossfit place out here. He's big into it and in great shape but I don't see the attraction. If I wanna lift weights I lift weights , if I wanna do cardio I run, if I wanna run an obstacle course ill do that , or ride a bike etc. I like the basics and fads bore me.
+ crossfit is fukin ghey. srsly, go tell a begginer to do kipping pullups. then tell him to say hi to his new slap tear

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been doing Crossfit since 2006. Off and on, as I tend to get a little board after awhile of anything, but pretty regularly none the less. I have never had an injury related to Crossfit. I do scale as needed, and took the time to be taught and become fairly proficeint at the various lifts. Ok Ok, so I'm still working ont he snatch and over head squat lol. I have no issues with it as long as there is good coaching. For me, I can say that it ws instrumental for me physically for my career and making it through 18 months of grueling training and to continue to be mission ready.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
+ crossfit is fukin ghey. srsly, go tell a begginer to do kipping pullups. then tell him to say hi to his new slap tear
I like kipping pull ups, and do them, but I agree a begginer shouldn't do them until they are proficient at dead hangs. There does need to be a level of strength and skill attained. I don't look at kipping pull ups as cheating. i look at them as a similar, but different exercise. Much in the likes of how the push press and shoulder press are similar, but different exercises.

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
It's on of those things where people do what they like. Crossfit gyms have that competitive atmosphere people like that, and getting people to do Olympic lifts instead of curling in the squat rack is a good thing.

napalm

napalm

Awards
getting people to do Olympic lifts instead of curling in the squat rack is a good thing.
Meh, not so much. Getting people who are fatigued to do high rep oly lifts with crappy form is never a good thing...unless you're an ortho surgeon...

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
lol define good. one is annoying to watch, but mostly harmless. the other is fun to watch cuz the newbs end up fukin their shyt up

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
Well there's training couches in place to correct ill form or teach it in the first place as well as possible weight adjustment to keep for practical and ultimately personal safety is of the individuals personal concern, nothing wrong with inventing something new at one point the only way to get big was to just eat chicken breast and broccoli

napalm

napalm

Awards
Well there's training couches in place to correct ill form or teach it in the first place as well as possible weight adjustment to keep for practical and ultimately personal safety is of the individuals personal concern, nothing wrong with inventing something new at one point the only way to get big was to just eat chicken breast and broccoli
You're assuming the coaches know what correct form is. I don't think I'd make that assumption...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the coach is endorsing using high-rep Oly lifts, then he/she does not deserve that distinction. Just as you cannot sprint a mile, you cannot perform lifts based upon power and technique while fatigued.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're assuming the coaches know what correct form is. I don't think I'd make that assumption...

He's also assuming that everyone who does crossfit does it in a crossfit gym with "coaches"

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
To each there own gentlemen, it works for people as well as conventional training and risk and reward should be assessed for each individual

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Didn't the marines get rid of kipping in PT because of the related shoulder injuries?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To each there own gentlemen, it works for people as well as conventional training and risk and reward should be assessed for each individual
I agree, the only problem is that most people don't know the risks.

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
I'm not sure as to the marines Kipling in PT tests I was in the army, but I could see that happening

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not sure as to the marines Kipling in PT tests I was in the army, but I could see that happening

They do not kip in PT tests. Just dead hangs. Kipping went away decades ago.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Santee Training Forum 7
Supplements 32