Texting while leg pressing.....REALLY????

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Today was one of those days in the gym...I couldnt believe my eyes..The guy was texting while leg pressing...WTF, Dude, get off the machine!!!!
And he did it while doing hyper extensions, then back to the leg press.
I'm just old school I guess, I prefer to focus on what I'm doing and with proper form. :grumble:

T

TexasGuy

Awards
Hilarious. "What's up dude"

"Nothing, you"?"

"I'm leg pressing, brb".

I will admit I like watching tv though, as a distraction.

P

PROness

Awards
Today was one of those days in the gym...I couldnt believe my eyes..The guy was texting while leg pressing...WTF, Dude, get off the machine!!!!
And he did it while doing hyper extensions, then back to the leg press.
I'm just old school I guess, I prefer to focus on what I'm doing and with proper form. :grumble:
Haha, yeah that's a new one to add to the list.

If I ever texted while leg pressing I would probably crush my ribs and tear my ACL.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Day 2....LMAO!!! On the treadmill, same guy, texting.....trying to run. I'm keeping my cell phone with me Thurs, I will try to video. I'm not being mean, I give anybody credit for being in the gym working out. But, there's a time and place for phone calls/texting. I leave my phone in the gym bag, check it between sets.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I received an email from a client you might like;

"I was at the gym this morning and saw a large gentleman sitting on a reclining cycle, peddling very gently. During this exercise regime he was alternately reaching for a Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar, a 'grab size' packet of Walkers salt and vinegar crisps and a large bottle of Coca Cola. This exercise programme obviously works, as he was able to also balance his iPad on his stomach during all of this :)"

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
I received an email from a client you might like;

"I was at the gym this morning and saw a large gentleman sitting on a reclining cycle, peddling very gently. During this exercise regime he was alternately reaching for a Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar, a 'grab size' packet of Walkers salt and vinegar crisps and a large bottle of Coca Cola. This exercise programme obviously works, as he was able to also balance his iPad on his stomach during all of this :)"
Thats crazy, last wk at another gym I saw a guy with a 32 oz coke also...I just dont get it!!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
amazing what you see in the gym...when i started working out i told myself i'd leave my phone in the car since i still use an old school i pod for my music....only days i bring my phone in the gym is cardio day since i listen to rogan podcast on it or if i know i may be getting an important call

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Fat girl next to me on the eliptical machine during my warm up the other day texting the whole time and would take two steps on the machine then let the momentum carry her fat ass thru another rotation or two then repeat. She continued this same annoying routine the whole time while on the machine. It looked like she was skipping on an elipitical machine.I wanted to say , hey you know you're never gonna be not fat doing it like that. And add that she shouldn't where short shorts to the gym untill she loses about 80lbs at least cus nobody wants to see her flushed out cottage cheese thighs.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Fat girl next to me on the eliptical machine during my warm up the other day texting the whole time and would take two steps on the machine then let the momentum carry her fat ass thru another rotation or two then repeat. She continued this same annoying routine the whole time while on the machine. It looked like she was skipping on an elipitical machine.I wanted to say , hey you know you're never gonna be not fat doing it like that. And add that she shouldn't where short shorts to the gym untill she loses about 80lbs at least cus nobody wants to see her flushed out cottage cheese thighs.
Seems like my gym. Lmaoo

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
seems like most gyms. its why i have my own gym and only head out to go either small private gyms or specialty gyms.

T

TexasGuy

Awards
So this story sounds ridiculous every time I tell it but it's true. It involves a damaged penis.

Where I went to school, if you earned a spot on a 7th grade athletics team (the year school sanctioned sports began) you were pulled from standard P.E. class to a conditioning class where we did weight training three days per week and cardio drills 2.

Anyways, the equipment was pretty standard, old school stuff. A squat rack, some benches, a section for DL's et cetera.

The plate trees were shaped like a pyramid, the small weights fit around the sides and the top was flat with a peg for 45s.

This design was a horrible idea for kids new to weight training, pulling from and returning the 45's to the top of the tree was a workout in and of itself.

One kid in particular struggled quite a bit but always muscled the plates around, most likely as a point of pride. He was skinny even for a seventh grader, underdeveloped, a late bloomer. We'll call him Jesse.

Anyways, we wore those old Champion style shorts, loose fitting, kinda short. On this particular day Jesse must've been wearing boxers because while he was on his tip toes, leaning/falling forward to drop the 45 down on the peg, it slammed hard but had kind of muted sound coupled with a sharp squeal.

Everyone turned at once and he was kind of slumped over but still standing, his penis pinned between a plate and the platform they rest on. People nearby rushed to lift it and he fell on the ground, out cold.

Coach grabbed a wheel chair from his office and wheeled Jesse to the nurse, rumor had it an ambulance picked him up. He showed up in school about two weeks later, no longer interested in sports and became a very withdrawn, shy kid.

His family moved a couple years later, no idea if he had any lasting damage.

Moral: Don't be too proud to ask for help.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
I have to share this as well.....Same texting guy...This morning he must have left his cell phone at home, but he had his Kindle with instead. Trashed it!!!!!! Treadmills are not safe, WE CAN ALL AGREE correct?? too much pounding makes a treadmill shake...
end of story

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
So this story sounds ridiculous every time I tell it but it's true. It involves a damaged penis.

Where I went to school, if you earned a spot on a 7th grade athletics team (the year school sanctioned sports began) you were pulled from standard P.E. class to a conditioning class where we did weight training three days per week and cardio drills 2.

Anyways, the equipment was pretty standard, old school stuff. A squat rack, some benches, a section for DL's et cetera.

The plate trees were shaped like a pyramid, the small weights fit around the sides and the top was flat with a peg for 45s.

This design was a horrible idea for kids new to weight training, pulling from and returning the 45's to the top of the tree was a workout in and of itself.

One kid in particular struggled quite a bit but always muscled the plates around, most likely as a point of pride. He was skinny even for a seventh grader, underdeveloped, a late bloomer. We'll call him Jesse.

Anyways, we wore those old Champion style shorts, loose fitting, kinda short. On this particular day Jesse must've been wearing boxers because while he was on his tip toes, leaning/falling forward to drop the 45 down on the peg, it slammed hard but had kind of muted sound coupled with a sharp squeal.

Everyone turned at once and he was kind of slumped over but still standing, his penis pinned between a plate and the platform they rest on. People nearby rushed to lift it and he fell on the ground, out cold.

Coach grabbed a wheel chair from his office and wheeled Jesse to the nurse, rumor had it an ambulance picked him up. He showed up in school about two weeks later, no longer interested in sports and became a very withdrawn, shy kid.

His family moved a couple years later, no idea if he had any lasting damage.

Moral: Don't be too proud to ask for help.
So did your, I'm mean jesses penis ever heal? Lol