2 days on 1 day off

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Hi guys I'm trying to lose weight I'm thinking of doing 2 days in one day off 2 days on and take weekend off? I've looked around and can't see no thread so any help? Also i have another roost about my diet :( I need help I'm really stick I'm on 4 meals a day should I put it up to 5? I'm just reaky stuck...... A guy I know is offering 40 for training and 40 for dieting plans that's 80 I'm a student I'd like to get some help for free so came here? Thanks

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
your workout wont do **** to loose weight if your diet sucks ass. as long as your are lifting hard i wouldnt worry about it at all. for the record, many 4 day programs lift mon, tues, thurs, fri. some do sun, mon, wed, fri. it makes no difference at all for 99.9999% of the worlds population. just do the days that you can and will workout on.

back to the diet part, so you are asking if you should eat more to shed weight? that seems kind of ass backwards. there are some programs you can google search and do. things like lean gains (an intermittent fasting variation) or carb backloading or carb cycling.

or you can follow these simple tips:
-avoid carbs in any form for the first meal of the day
-minimize carbs for all meals except post workout then feel free to indulge
-eat fatty meats. you still need calories and fat is ok. it does not make you fat like the media has been trying to convince you of your entire life

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
your workout wont do **** to loose weight if your diet sucks ass. as long as your are lifting hard i wouldnt worry about it at all. for the record, many 4 day programs lift mon, tues, thurs, fri. some do sun, mon, wed, fri. it makes no difference at all for 99.9999% of the worlds population. just do the days that you can and will workout on.

back to the diet part, so you are asking if you should eat more to shed weight? that seems kind of ass backwards. there are some programs you can google search and do. things like lean gains (an intermittent fasting variation) or carb backloading or carb cycling.

or you can follow these simple tips:
-avoid carbs in any form for the first meal of the day
-minimize carbs for all meals except post workout then feel free to indulge
-eat fatty meats. you still need calories and fat is ok. it does not make you fat like the media has been trying to convince you of your entire life
Thanks a lot for a reply bro, so here's my diet as of now

Hi, I have been off the gym for around a year I went for only a year, I got pretty big but now it's fat! Lol..... I'm 22 at 5'7 maybe 5'8 I'm 185 to 190 pounds!!!! So pretty fat! But I don't look that fat people say I look around 170 anyways I have this diet that a woman from this form helped me with a year ago she was great but can't find her. heres my diet and training re.... 4 meals A day

MEAL 1/ 4 eggs 2 egg yolks with 4 whites, 1% milk and 80g of weetabix with whey protein shake

MEAL 2/ 200g of uncooked chicken with 100g of cooked brown rice 100 g of veg

GYM/ 1 hour workout and 20 mins cardio low Intensivey protein shake whey

MEAL 3/ 200g of uncooked salmon and 100 g if cooked rice 100g of veg

MEAL 4/ 1 can of tuna with 50g of almonds nuts and protein shake so I'm doing 2 days on 1 day off 2days on 2 days off that's my week, I'm really hoping I can get some help with this anyone ? Would be very great full

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
Is that not good enuff bro?
If your goal is weight loss you need to be eating below maintenance calories for your body to turn to fat as its energy source, your diet doesn't look all that bad to me (im no expert) but you need to work out how many calories that diet plan is providing you with and also use an online calorie calculator (as a rough idea) to workout your maintenance calories and go from there monitoring your weight an bf%

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
If your goal is weight loss you need to be eating below maintenance calories for your body to turn to fat as its energy source, your diet doesn't look all that bad to me (im no expert) but you need to work out how many calories that diet plan is providing you with and also use an online calorie calculator (as a rough idea) to workout your maintenance calories and go from there monitoring your weight an bf%
Thanks for the reply bro, I have no way to tell what my bodyfat is umm I'm like 28 maybe not great ......I think this is around 2000 cals

TexasGuy

Awards
Push/Pull routines are typically structured like yours.

Why don't you post a more detailed outline of your routine?

Break it down by the day and show lifts/sets/reps.

I'm not really sold on cutting carbs myself, assuming a decent lifting routine, but some people respond well to carb manipulation. You could make meal three look more like meal four and sub more veggies and nuts for the rice for a few weeks and see how you respond.

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
Thanks for the reply bro, I have no way to tell what my bodyfat is umm I'm like 28 maybe not great ......I think this is around 2000 cals
By some digital scales that measure bf% you can pick them up fairly cheap, the next job for you is to sit down and figure out the exact calories your consuming with this diet, if your eating more than you think your going to struggle dropping fat, as soon as you can take full control of your diet you will find shedding fat relatively easy..

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Push/Pull routines are typically structured like yours.

Why don't you post a more detailed outline of your routine?

Break it down by the day and show lifts/sets/reps.

I'm not really sold on cutting carbs myself, assuming a decent lifting routine, but some people respond well to carb manipulation. You could make meal three look more like meal four and sub more veggies and nuts for the rice for a few weeks and see how you respond.
Thanks for the reply, god this is hard! Lol well this is my training

Mon/ shoulders and abs 1 hour workout then 20 mins cardio

Trues/ uper back and bi's 1 hour workout 20 min cardio

Weds/ rest

Thurs/ chest and tri's 1 hour workout with 20 min cardio

Fri/ legs and dead lifts 1 hour workout 20 mins cardio

Now I go as high in weight as much as I can with 6 to 12 reps on core workouts with dead lift and squits I do 6 to 8 reps as high as I can.
Really am so Determined to get nice and cut I don't want to be huge but I'd love to put in a t shirt for once! ....... I normally train around 3 to 4 pm so I'd eat 2 meals then train then 2 meals ... Does that matter or? Thanks alot

TexasGuy

Awards
It's best if you can list it out in detail.

If you limit yourself to not get "too" big, the lack of lifting intensity could be a problem where weight loss is concerned.

Make sure you are doing HIIT style cardio if your lifting intensity is low.

Otherwise just be patient. If you've hit a plateu, consider changing your rep scheme and go heavy (3-5 reps) on the compound lifts for a while. It's not that hard really, just a few variables to be understood.
Thanks for the reply, god this is hard! Lol well this is my training

Weds/ rest

Now I go as high in weight as much as I can with 6 to 12 reps on core workouts with dead lift and squits I do 6 to 8 reps as high as I can.
Really am so Determined to get nice and cut I don't want to be huge but I'd love to put in a t shirt for once! ....... I normally train around 3 to 4 pm so I'd eat 2 meals then train then 2 meals ... Does that matter or? Thanks alot

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
It's best if you can list it out in detail.

If you limit yourself to not get "too" big, the lack of lifting intensity could be a problem where weight loss is concerned.

Make sure you are doing HIIT style cardio if your lifting intensity is low.

Otherwise just be patient. If you've hit a plateu, consider changing your rep scheme and go heavy (3-5 reps) on the compound lifts for a while. It's not that hard really, just a few variables to be understood.
Thanks I will now add up all my cals and get back to you ... So can I do the hit on a tredmill?

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
Thanks I will now add up all my cals and get back to you ... So can I do the hit on a tredmill?
Sure, but bare in mind if you want to preserve muscle while losing fat more is not always better, your best bet would be to continue lifting heavy as usual (increase weight if possible) slow and steady wins the race, overall it really depends on your personal goal

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards

Weds/ rest

your own program? why not a proven program?

people rarely need to wait a week to hit a body part once a week. most would benefit from at least twice. if you know how to manage the relationships between intensity, frequency, volume, sleep, and diet you can go up to everyday for the entire body if you want.

I normally train around 3 to 4 pm so I'd eat 2 meals then train then 2 meals ... Does that matter or? Thanks alot
for nearly everyone except the elite, nope. doesnt matter at all.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
your own program? why not a proven program?

people rarely need to wait a week to hit a body part once a week. most would benefit from at least twice. if you know how to manage the relationships between intensity, frequency, volume, sleep, and diet you can go up to everyday for the entire body if you want.

for nearly everyone except the elite, nope. doesnt matter at all.
Ok so I'm taking just shy of 1800 cals, it was 2200 but I didn't feel like I was dropping anything so I cut the cals more by dropping the carbs and not having a morning protein shake.

Wow hit body parts twice a week? Are you sure about that bro? I mean it never read that anywhere? And now that I'm thinking about it I mean is it possible? How can one get all body parts in a week! Lol? Thanks

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
This thread sounds super complicated.

Stick to low carbs (post workout carbs are always best)

If you have a smart phone just get MyFitnessPal and be done with all that counting, adding, subtracting, calculator crap. Its so easy man.

Once you use it for a few months you get a good idea of what caloric values all your favorite foods have and you can estimate and live a normal live. Don't over complicate stuff.

Eat clean, lift hard and RUN SPRINTS to get shredded. HIIT is the best tool you have

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards

If you have a smart phone just get MyFitnessPal and be done with all that counting, adding, subtracting, calculator crap. Its so easy man.

Once you use it for a few months you get a good idea of what caloric values all your favorite foods have and you can estimate and live a normal live. Don't over complicate stuff.

Eat clean, lift hard and RUN SPRINTS to get shredded. HIIT is the best tool you have
I understand what your saying bro, il check that app out now thanks man

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards

Bro I do have that app it's really good I just downloaded it yesterday but only thing is when I put in all my meals it only stays in for that one day then it goes to weds or thurs and have to put it all in again?

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
Bro I do have that app it's really good I just downloaded it yesterday but only thing is when I put in all my meals it only stays in for that one day then it goes to weds or thurs and have to put it all in again?
That's because most people don't eat the exact same thing every day, if your eating the same thing everyday why would you need to count it over an over? lol

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
That's because most people don't eat the exact same thing every day, if your eating the same thing everyday why would you need to count it over an over? lol
Yh that's true but I don't get why or even how you guys eat something different every day? Must cost a lot and effort?

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
Yh that's true but I don't get why or even how you guys eat something different every day? Must cost a lot and effort?
Because if you don't you will get seriously fed up of the lifestyle, work out some trade off's ( a few types of food that can be swapped about for the same kind of macro's and kcals etc) ie if you had a chicken based meal that was 80g protein 50g carbs 15g fat you could find a turkey/beef etc meal that was of similar values making it easy for you to have some variation, and that's where the app comes in handy

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Because if you don't you will get seriously fed up of the lifestyle, work out some trade off's ( a few types of food that can be swapped about for the same kind of macro's and kcals etc) ie if you had a chicken based meal that was 80g protein 50g carbs 15g fat you could find a turkey/beef etc meal that was of similar values making it easy for you to have some variation, and that's where the app comes in handy
I understand now lol but think ima stick to just my foods because il get confused plus don't ha e the money changing foods I'm a student

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Wow hit body parts twice a week? Are you sure about that bro? I mean it never read that anywhere? And now that I'm thinking about it I mean is it possible? How can one get all body parts in a week! Lol? Thanks
people that think that way are usually used to reading things like flex magazine and only doing bodybuilder programs that work best for the pros. they require such massive volume for each body part that it does take many days to recover that part and allow for supercompensation. the other 99.99% of the world does not need the volume and can recover much quicker due to that.

it is common for strength athletes to train movements, not body parts, several times a week. an extreme example are the olympic lifters that train the bulgarian method. they will do their main lifts upwards of 10 times a week. yes, that means they do 2 a days with the same lifts. for most 2-3 times a week is good.

the trick is not train movements not muscles. it is more efficient for most people. you get more bang for your buck. for example, with squats you hit upper back, low back, glutes, hamstrings, quads, abs. where do you place that on a body part split day? back day? leg day? ab day? same with overheads, it works shoulders, triceps, abs, low back, and if you clean it from the floor the legs and hips to a degree. where do you place that? with body part splits you can go crazy with splits up to 10 or 15 body parts. do you train them separate or group some together. and how do you group them. you over analyze to a point of never having a program cause its just not quite right.

with a movement based split you can just use the main movements and get some extra work on areas that need, the weak links. this is where great programs like most 5x5 ones, 5/3/1, and other strength based programs. you can still gain mass, get lean, and do other things with those programs. for example 5/3/1 you just change the accessory work and your diet to fit your goals. the main lifts are the same for everyone. it works, its simple, and you can do it for years.

does that make sense?

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
people that think that way are usually used to reading things like flex magazine and only doing bodybuilder programs that work best for the pros. they require such massive volume for each body part that it does take many days to recover that part and allow for supercompensation. the other 99.99% of the world does not need the volume and can recover much quicker due to that.

it is common for strength athletes to train movements, not body parts, several times a week. an extreme example are the olympic lifters that train the bulgarian method. they will do their main lifts upwards of 10 times a week. yes, that means they do 2 a days with the same lifts. for most 2-3 times a week is good.

the trick is not train movements not muscles. it is more efficient for most people. you get more bang for your buck. for example, with squats you hit upper back, low back, glutes, hamstrings, quads, abs. where do you place that on a body part split day? back day? leg day? ab day? same with overheads, it works shoulders, triceps, abs, low back, and if you clean it from the floor the legs and hips to a degree. where do you place that? with body part splits you can go crazy with splits up to 10 or 15 body parts. do you train them separate or group some together. and how do you group them. you over analyze to a point of never having a program cause its just not quite right.

with a movement based split you can just use the main movements and get some extra work on areas that need, the weak links. this is where great programs like most 5x5 ones, 5/3/1, and other strength based programs. you can still gain mass, get lean, and do other things with those programs. for example 5/3/1 you just change the accessory work and your diet to fit your goals. the main lifts are the same for everyone. it works, its simple, and you can do it for years.

does that make sense?
Um kinda yea I mean I understand what your saying with the movement of your body works same muscles but I'd imaging the pros can recover a lot faster consider they are on the roids ... Ok so lets say I do 2 times a week to try it out, I still can't think of a way to get um all in? Thanks

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Um kinda yea I mean I understand what your saying with the movement of your body works same muscles but I'd imaging the pros can recover a lot faster consider they are on the roids ... Ok so lets say I do 2 times a week to try it out, I still can't think of a way to get um all in? Thanks
I think you are still missing the point-it is difficult to "get um all in" if you are still focusing on training muscles. Doing an exercise for this and that muscle will quickly add up and be ineffective. Focus instead on training movement: vertical/horizontal push/pull. Center your main lifts around those planes and add in accessory work to top it off.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
training while in a deficient will preserve muscle tissue while you losecbody fat. focus on the diet and weightloss and keep the training to the point where youre not over thinking it. i always drop to 3 days a week and use compound core movements during deficiencies

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Oh right, I'm still abut confused lmao sorry I'm Irish man lol il keep reading what you guys are saying and try to understand it, so 4 days a week is fine, my training under a hour ? Thanks guys

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Oh right, I'm still abut confused lmao sorry I'm Irish man lol il keep reading what you guys are saying and try to understand it, so 4 days a week is fine, my training under a hour ? Thanks guys
how often you train and how long you train should also be leveled with how intensely you train. those variables are related: volume, intensity, and frequency. to individualize a program you can include work capacity and recovery ability. so we cannot say at all if that is enough or not as we do not know the intensity or volume, only the frequency.

as for the comment early about pros recovering quicker with roids, yes of course. but their work capacity is also much higher. in other words you can do 2-5 sets of an exercise at 50-70% and stimulate an adaptation. pros may need 10-20 sets at 70-100% to stimulate the muscle. how much longer do you think it will take them to recover? a lot longer then you. sure they shorten that up with roids, but they still have a much higher work capacity then you. so the comparison is apples to oranges. sure they are both fruits. but they are still vastly different.

i love the fact you are asking questions and trying to learn. the best way for you to learn is to understand well built programs and why they work. one way is to learn proven programs. learn the similarities between them. learn the differences between them. mostly you will see the similarities between them. also doing the programs helps too. and not just for a few weeks or a month or 2. but months even years. this is why its so critical to read and discuss. you cannot do all the programs and why reinvent the wheel. learn from what others have spent decades doing already.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
how often you train and how long you train should also be leveled with how intensely you train. those variables are related: volume, intensity, and frequency. to individualize a program you can include work capacity and recovery ability. so we cannot say at all if that is enough or not as we do not know the intensity or volume, only the frequency.

as for the comment early about pros recovering quicker with roids, yes of course. but their work capacity is also much higher. in other words you can do 2-5 sets of an exercise at 50-70% and stimulate an adaptation. pros may need 10-20 sets at 70-100% to stimulate the muscle. how much longer do you think it will take them to recover? a lot longer then you. sure they shorten that up with roids, but they still have a much higher work capacity then you. so the comparison is apples to oranges. sure they are both fruits. but they are still vastly different.

i love the fact you are asking questions and trying to learn. the best way for you to learn is to understand well built programs and why they work. one way is to learn proven programs. learn the similarities between them. learn the differences between them. mostly you will see the similarities between them. also doing the programs helps too. and not just for a few weeks or a month or 2. but months even years. this is why its so critical to read and discuss. you cannot do all the programs and why reinvent the wheel. learn from what others have spent decades doing already.
Your a smart, well informed dude! Lol il keep reading and I kinda get what your saying I just finished a upper back and bi's with some cardio ima stick to it as its my dream and life thanks man

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards

Hey pro I checked it out in that fitness app and I'm 41/34/25. P/F/C IS THat cool? I'm just shy off 2100 cals Adam thanks?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i would say its ok. but then i am fan of low or no carb for weight loss. i would even save all my carbs on workout days for right after the workout.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
i would say its ok. but then i am fan of low or no carb for weight loss. i would even save all my carbs on workout days for right after the workout.
Wow well it seems to be working I'm down a pound so .... Last thing bro sorry, are cheat meals fine? Once a week? Or should I keep it at once every 2 weeks, thanks

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Wow well it seems to be working I'm down a pound so .... Last thing bro sorry, are cheat meals fine? Once a week? Or should I keep it at once every 2 weeks, thanks
here is my view on cheat meals, if it breaks your diet then your diet sucked in the first place. dont look at each meal as make it or break it. look at several days to a week at a time. keep in mind i have been a fan of calories cycling of some sort for nearly a decade. long before i heard of intermittent fasting and carb backloading. i think they are great and will usually point people to one if not both of them. they explain things in more detail than i ever could.

as for being down a pound, that can be good and bad. i can take a dump and be down a few lbs. and i commonly will fluctuate up to 5lbs in a weeks time frame. also, it take 4 weeks to see a difference in yourself, 8 weeks for friends, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. its a marathon, not a sprint. keep it up whatever you do.