Flu how does that affect training after?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone, I am in the middle of a test e cycle and I got the flu thursday, it is now monday and my fever broke, I am feeling rather sore from being bed ridden for the last 2 days, I am back to walking around and feeling better.

How should I edit my training to account for the bed time/ flu?

Thanks in advance.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
maybe lower weight higher reps? ive always just jumped back into it....

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
Hello everyone, I am in the middle of a test e cycle and I got the flu thursday, it is now monday and my fever broke, I am feeling rather sore from being bed ridden for the last 2 days, I am back to walking around and feeling better.

How should I edit my training to account for the bed time/ flu?

Thanks in advance.
Steriods lower your immune system initially, this is something I learned from GH15. After a significant amount of time "on", the user generally experiences heightened immune function.

This isn't from experience on steriods, but as an experienced trainer I'd stick to what you have going and count your blessings that you weren't out the gym longer. Nothing looking back will do besides make you annoyed, just stay consistent and maintain intensity as I'm sure you have been. Playing catchup almost never works well, and can be a predication of injury.

Lol what would possibly be worse, doing a cycle and going so hard you injure yourself and blow all that money and time. God gives me shivers :)

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Well apparently my fever did not break but my thermometer did. I know how glorious is that. Although did get some nice codeine cough syrup and my BP is 112/75 not bad on 600 mg of test and winny. I am going to continue cycling but if I don't get better by the end of this week I am going to clear and pct.

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
Answer my PM

If you don't I will use your "treated like a pretty girl" statement as my sig. XD

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
How far along in the cycle exactly?! The middle of a test cycle is around the time test kicks in, thus possibly giving you "test flu". I you're using prop or a short ester this doesn't occur nearly as often. You could however actually have a flu virus though too.

Sent from my iPhone

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
How far along in the cycle exactly?! The middle of a test cycle is around the time test kicks in, thus possibly giving you "test flu". I you're using prop or a short ester this doesn't occur nearly as often. You could however actually have a flu virus though too.

Sent from my iPhone
I am 6 weeks into test e and it was legit flu, its been going around here, my roommate was thankful enough to share that with me.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Ok gotcha.

Sent from my iPhone