question on cleans .... best way to pug weight down on the floor?

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
OK so today I was doing some romanian deadlifts and figured I would like finish up with some front squats. So I cleaned(sp?) 125 from the ground and did ~10 front squat reps. When I was lowering weight I figured this can be a great way snap city.

question whats the best way to lower bar to the ground from front squat? other then throwing it on the ground. When I lower weight should I have my back straight or should I bend forward into deadlift position..... ?

thanks in advance

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Drop it if at all possible. If not, get in the power stance and drop it to mid thigh, then lower it to the floor with a flat back as you would during a deadlift.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
cant you just rack it from front squats? or are you doing this at home? i would just throw the dam thing. same with heavy deads. i dont lower it gently at the gym, i border line slam it. planet fitness would hte me

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
cant you just rack it from front squats? or are you doing this at home? i would just throw the dam thing. same with heavy deads. i dont lower it gently at the gym, i border line slam it. planet fitness would hte me
My gym has this room it is padded and sometimes people stretch there... I just don’t want to freak them out with dropping weights.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
oh well i would think if its padded for weights, then expect soemthing to slam down. id rather toss it safely than risk hurting myself bringing it down if the only drawback was scaring a few people

lmessi10

lmessi10

Awards
Just drop it -it'll be easier and you won't hurt yourself which is the most important thing - **** it scare em all!