Is there any recommended to get preped for military

Rodel

Awards
I'm pretty fit already, but I was thinking of joining the Air Force para rescue team and I really wanna step it up and be ahead of the game when I get there physically and mentally. Is there any suggestions on what exercises to do or a schedule/routine to get super ripped super lean, super fast, while being able to perform amazingly?

Rodel

Awards
Are you already in the service or are you wanting to be a PJ once you get out of boot camp?
I'm going to do it after boot camp. I enlist Saturday so I don't know exactly how much time I will have to train

SwoldierAU

SwoldierAU

Awards
I'm going to do it after boot camp. I enlist Saturday so I don't know exactly how much time I will have to train
I've been in for 4 years, the main thing you want is power to weight, so mostly body weight exercises, high intensity stuff, and a decent runner.
So alot of pushups, chin ups/heaves, decent swimmer etc. A program incorporating all that plus some weight training would be good.

Rodel

Awards
I've been in for 4 years, the main thing you want is power to weight, so mostly body weight exercises, high intensity stuff, and a decent runner.
So alot of pushups, chin ups/heaves, decent swimmer etc. A program incorporating all that plus some weight training would be good.
So should I probably work on everything every day?

SwoldierAU

SwoldierAU

Awards
So should I probably work on everything every day?
Rest is still important, start with 4 to 5 days of training, a few weight training days & a few running/bodyweight/HIIT days and you should be sweet. You'll learn what sort of physical skill you'll need through your boot camp training.

Rodel

Awards
Rest is still important, start with 4 to 5 days of training, a few weight training days & a few running/bodyweight/HIIT days and you should be sweet. You'll learn what sort of physical skill you'll need through your boot camp training.
Thanks a lot man, any advice for the mental game as well or any other preparations I should take?

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I've been in the AF for 13 years now, and I can tell you that if you are fit, basic will be no issue for you. AF basic is actually really easy as far as the physical demands go. PJ school, though, is a different ball game. Like the guys above said, get good at body weight stuff, and high endurance stuff. Mountain running will help you a lot as well.

Rodel

Awards
I've been in the AF for 13 years now, and I can tell you that if you are fit, basic will be no issue for you. AF basic is actually really easy as far as the physical demands go. PJ school, though, is a different ball game. Like the guys above said, get good at body weight stuff, and high endurance stuff. Mountain running will help you a lot as well.
Thanks, really appreciate all the advice from you guys in service. I'm honored to one day be among the ranks

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good luck in basic. It's only as hard as you make it for yourself.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i fought the system every step of the way

Jcweinsx

Awards
are you a competitive swimmer or tri athlete? The PJ pool sessions have huge drop out rates. Swimming is a technique/skill activity that requires lots of practice to be efficient at. Most people freak in the water cause it is a different environment than they are used to. I would also work on grueling painful long horrible stuff like hiking with a heavy ruck and not eating for days and only sleeping 30 mins every 24 hrs. PJs are crazy dudes. Their greatest strength is their fortitude. You can't train that. I hope you have what it takes. From a veteran thank you for serving our country. Make the most of your time in the service.

Rodel

Awards
are you a competitive swimmer or tri athlete? The PJ pool sessions have huge drop out rates. Swimming is a technique/skill activity that requires lots of practice to be efficient at. Most people freak in the water cause it is a different environment than they are used to. I would also work on grueling painful long horrible stuff like hiking with a heavy ruck and not eating for days and only sleeping 30 mins every 24 hrs. PJs are crazy dudes. Their greatest strength is their fortitude. You can't train that. I hope you have what it takes. From a veteran thank you for serving our country. Make the most of your time in the service.
Thanks, and I know they are insane, that's why I wanna be one. Even if I don't qualify I wanna serve this country because I realize how fortunate and blessed I am to even live here. Even if I have to go with logistics I wanna be at my peak performance for God, my family, and this country

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just run to prep...

Its the air force, basic will be a breeze. Start prepping for tech school.

- Valdez