Top squat or safety bar? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Top squat or safety bar?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Arrived in a large box. No problems, no worries. I have to say.... with shoulder issues.. the weight of the top squat with the bar & weight will put pressure on your shoulders. I always squated with the bar low on my back. With the top squat... I have to learn to keep the bar higher up on my traps & neck which does give my shoulders some soreness. It goes away quick. Just have to man up & be happy I can squat again. I recommend you watch the video from the site, so you can see how they are using the device.

2. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

You dont have to do regular bb squats unless you are a powerlifter. Plenty of options ssb, bulgarian squat, smith machine, hack squat machine, real hack squats, deadlifts, front squats, trap bar deadlift etc.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ive been working on my regular bb squat lately but once I get above 245 I feel my form gets alil bad and I lean forward with my lower back to much. Due to my lack of reach its very uncomfortable to try and keep straight without the bar slipping off my back going down to parallel. When I get some extra cash I think I'm gonna pick one up and use it for my heavier squats.
    •   

4. New Member

Just check out the video on it before you purchase. It is different than squatting with a regular bar. Check it out on u tube or the site itself. Plus I did do a little review on it on this thread if you want to check it out. I did have a friend give it a try this week, & he didn't like it. So just check it out before you buy.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rhino67jg View Post
    Just check out the video on it before you purchase. It is different than squatting with a regular bar. Check it out on u tube or the site itself. Plus I did do a little review on it on this thread if you want to check it out. I did have a friend give it a try this week, & he didn't like it. So just check it out before you buy.
    I'm the one that posted the link in the OP that has the videos. ;-) looks decent but its better to hear first hand. Thanks for sharing
  6. New Member

No problem... feels good to be able to squat again..
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino67jg View Post
    No problem... feels good to be able to squat again..
    I bet, I'm trying to talk my gym owner into picking a SSB up along with a trap squat bar.

Similar Forum Threads

1. RTD or protein bar
    By Young Gotti in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 11:12 PM
  2. HELP!! Cant Do Squats or Deads!!!
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 03:13 AM
  3. Breakfast or Protein Bar Question.
    By ratdog in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3